VOTED MOST USEFUL FEATURE
OF WEBSITE! (Click Now)!
If you are looking for a hoverboard for kids, you will not find too much choice. At this time there is only one mini hoverboard with wheel size smaller than the regular 6.5 inches made specially for smaller children. This one hoverboard for kids below the age of 8, has a maximum speed of 5 kilometer per hour or 3 miles per hour and a wheel size of 4.5 inches.
This mini hoverboard is called the Little Bear Hoverboard, and is available on Alibaba and eBay.
This is what it looks like:
This Little Bear hoverboard for kids costs $ 379.99 on eBay
The specifications of the Little Bear kids hoverboard are as below:
Little Bear Kids Hoverboard Features
4.5 inch wheel size Mini hoverboard
Auto electricity cut-off on impact or if the child gets off
Emergency protection if the child is not able to control the board
High efficiency and an energy recovery mechanism
Little Bear Kids Hoverboard Specifications
Hoverboard Weight: 10 pounds (4.5 kg)
Maximum load: 132 pounds (60 kg)
Maximum speed: 2.8 miles per hour (5 km/h)
Distance on full charge: 6.2 miles (10 km)
Tire size: 4.5 inches
Maximum climbing angle: 15 degrees
Battery: Li-ion battery 36V
Charging time: 2 hours
Dimension: 495 mm x 170 mm x 145 mm
How is this mini hoverboard more suited for kids than a regular hoverboard
There are several reasons why you should go in for this mini hoverboard if your child is less than 8 years old.
- If the child is below 8 then handling a full size hoverboard with 6.5 inches wheel or larger becomes difficult and unwieldy.
- The mini hoverboard not only has smaller wheels which are 4.5 inches, it is also of a considerably smaller size.
- The maximum speed of this kids hoverboard is just 2.8 miles per hour, which is much lower than the usual 10 to 15 miles per hour. This is very important safety feature.
Thus the regular hoverboards weight about 28 pounds, while the mini one weighs only 10 pounds. Since it is considerably lighter, little kids find it easier to maneuver and also carry if there is a need.
The smaller wheels also brings the center of gravity closer to the ground, making the hoverboard more stable.
- This mini Little Bear hoverboard for children comes with a complete set of safety gear, which includes a helmet, elbow pads and knee guards.
- It has also been designed to appeal to smaller children, with a little bear on each foot board. The accompanying safety gear is also colour coded with the colour of the Little Bear hoverboard.
All of these factors make it ideal for little children.
Here is a look at the wheel of this kids hoverboard, which has also got a cute bear on it.
These are the colours that are available:
The entire Little Bear mini hoverboard package includes –
Mini 4.5 inch wheel hoverboard
2 Knee guards
2 Elbow pads
Here is a picture of what is included in the package:
What to do if you have brought a regular hoverboard for a younger kid
- If you have already bought a hoverboard for your little one, then there are a few steps you can take to ensure that your child is safe while hoverboarding.
- Put the hoverboard on the learning mode, which limits the maximum speed to 5 miles per hour. This can be done by keeping the power switch pressed till the indicator lights blink several times. To turn it back into normal mode repeat this process.
- Make sure that your child is wearing a helmet, as while trying it initially the falls can be quite rough.
- Let your child learn to ride the hoverboard on a soft carpet or short-cut grass.
- Make sure your child is wearing knee guards and elbow pads, to prevent injury if the fall.
- Do not let your child ride the hoverboard unsupervised, and adult should always be present.
- Your child should not be allowed to ride the hoverboard on any road or in a public space where there may be cars.
- Make sure that the battery is charged when your child uses the hoverboard.
Shift out objects or furniture with sharp edges like tables or glass tops in the area where your child is practicing on the hoverboard.
Unlike regular hoverboards this kids hoverboard has the power switch and the charging port on opposites sides.
Here is a look at the factory in China where these children’s hoverboards are manufactured.
If you want to know more about hoverboards have a look at these articles: