Water skiing is a massive thrill, let's get you behind a speedboatBuying water skis is…
Top 10 Best Wakeboards 2018 – Latest Bestsellers Only
Check out the Top 10 Best Wakeboards of 2018, which are also the latest bestsellers. When you choose one of these Wakeboards you not only choose the best, you also get the best price.
If you love to be out there in the great wide open, you will love the Top 10 in American Outdoors and American Outdoor Sports. Make your choice and head out already!
How to choose a Wakeboard
There is nothing as thrilling as wakeboarding, when it comes to watersports. The great thing is that you can learn it very fast, and then you become better at it with every attempt. The feeling of freedom and fun is unequalled, as you get towed along by a boat and you stand up on your wakeboard and do new and exciting moves while riding the wake formed by the motorboat. Wakeboarding gives you the thrill of surfing while your feet are secure in the two bindings of your wakeboard.
It is such a great mix of adrenaline and sheer enjoyment, that those who have tried it once, want to keep wakeboarding again and again.
To do wakeboarding you need the right gear, and choosing the best wakeboard is quite easy when you follow some basic guidelines. Experienced wakeboarder say that getting the right wakeboard can really raise your wakeboarding capabilities and skill levels quickly. There are three kinds of wakeboards, the basic or beginner, intermediate and advanced.
Here are some tips on choosing the best wakeboard for yourself.
First things first – you need a wakeboard of your own
You may feel that sharing a wakeboard with a riding partner saves you money, but you actually end up compromising on the right wakeboard for you. It is best to get a wakeboard only for yourself, which has exactly those characteristic that you need and which help you to up your wakeboarding skills. However, if you have no choice but need to share a wakeboard with riding partners, then get an intermediate wakeboard.
Start with a basic or beginner board, then move to an advanced one
Wakeboards in the three categories of basic, intermediate and advanced have different characteristics. The basic or beginner wakeboards are made of material and have been designed to be easier to ride. They are slower and help you to learn. The advanced wakeboards are made from material that makes them much faster and also more difficult to control. If you are a beginner, buying a tournament level wakeboard will be a waste, as you will find the wakeboard to be too fast and too difficult to ride. So, start with a basic wakeboard and work your way up as your skill improves.
Match your wakeboard to your own weight and height
You need to choose a wakeboard that is right for your weight and height. If you choose one that is too small for your weight, it will result in the board sinking and the boat will pull you too fast. If it is too large for you, the board will feel heavy and difficult to maneuver. You can refer to a sizing chart for choosing the right wakeboard, which gives you the right length of wakeboard as per your weight or height. If you are not able to get a sizing chart and need to buy a wakeboard, go in for the longer wakeboards as they are easier to control.
The foot bindings keep you safe
The bindings on the wakeboard keep you standing on the wakeboard, and it is important to have bindings that are a snug fit and that are comfortable. As a beginner it is important that the binding is a snug fit, as loose bindings can be cause of accidents and injury. It is advisable to start with adjustable bindings, and then move towards fitted bindings for maximum performance.
What’s your wakeboard made of?
The materials from which your wakeboard is made of, gives it certain characteristics. It is good to know what material does what. Most wakeboards are built from fiberglass that is wrapped around a foam or wood core. Now the wakeboard manufacturers are also experimenting with graphite, but in all probability the wakeboard you choose will be made of fiberglass around a foam core. The foam core boards are more durable and last longer, while the wood core boards are more responsive and give more lift off the wake. The foam boards are cheaper and lighter, and those with a wood core have better lift.
Single-tip or Twin-tip wakeboard?
Essentially the single-tip wakeboard is narrower in the front and squarish in the back, and is suitable for those who keep the same foot forward while wakeboarding. The Twin-tip is rounded on both ends and is suitable for those who sometimes change their dominant foot.
Choose your wakeboard’s rocker
The curve of the wakeboard is known as its rocker. At the most basic level you have a three-stage rocker and a continuous rocker. The continuous rocker is a smooth curve from one end to the other, while the three-stage rocker has two distinct bends at both ends. The continuous rocker gives a more predictable result, and delivers a consistent and smooth feel when riding. The three-stage rocker has sharp bends which cause a sharper and more aggressive lift off the wake. Now there are two more kinds of rocker avaialble, the hybrid rocker and the five-stage rocker.
A great wakeboard to check out today – the Ronix Vault Wakeboard
This proven wakeboard is great for beginners as well as pro riders, a rare combination. The Ronix Vault is 144 centimeters long, and has an add on quality of helping riders find their style. Very user friendly and stable, a highlight of this board is the sintered base that reduces drag and increases speed. It has a smooth continuous rocker but it can pack quite a punch when you want it to. The Ronix Vault is wide and steady enough for a beginner to be able to ride it and will also be exciting for an intermediate or an advanced rider. It is able to produce good speed and height, and lets you grow your skills. Check out the Ronix Vault here.
Give the fin some thought
Every wakeboard has a fin, and it keeps the board from spinning as you ride the wake. The fin is essential to wakeboarding, and they are either attached to the wakeboard or are detachable. A good way to decide on the right fin for your wakeboard is to use one with a detachable fin and then try several different kinds till you find one that suits your style. The fins come in all shapes and sizes. The deeper fins enable more stability and all beginner boards have them. The advanced boards have shallower fins which allow from more freedom and higher jumps. The fins that come attached to the wakeboard are called molded fins, and they are great if you want to perfect your style from the beginning, as these fins force you to control the wakeboard without detachable fins translating into better skill in the longer run.
As a thumb rule, the wider the board, the easier it is to jump off the wake and the longer you can stay airborne, and the narrower the board, the easier it is carve the surface of the water as you ride. Thus if you want to stay air-borne longer and do tricks then go for a wider board. As a general rule, choose wider wakeboards for a larger wake, and a narrower board for smaller wakes.
A great way to choose your wakeboard is go in for bestsellers, and you will find the top ten best in US below. Happy wakeboarding!
1. Airhead Charge Wakesurf Board
- The Charge is a full foam wakesurf board and a great and economical way for the whole family to enjoy the wake
- Quick to accelerate in the wake, it comes with a removeable 3-fin setup for agile turning and control
- Topped with a soft and grippy EVA pad for comfort and steerability
- Includes a back board kicker and a 4 inch nose rocker
- Charge Wakesurf Board is built for beginners to advanced wakesurf riders
- 59" x 21" x 2. 4"
2. Hyperlite 2019 Broadcast Wakesurf Board 4.8
- Monocoque Construction
- Layered Glass
- Rolled Edge Profile
- Dual Concave Base
- Fully Machined EVA Traction Pad
3. Ride WAKESURF Board
- Surf style allows for easy traction and predictable turns
- Compression molded
- Double edge rail
- Three 1.75' tail fins
- CNC diamond cut EVA pad with kick tail
4. CTRL Slash Wakesurfer
- EVA Pad Top
- PU Core with one layer of fiberglass on top and one layer of fiberglass on the bottom
- Compression Molded for Durabilty
- Swallowtail design
5. O'Brien Pike Wakesurfer
- Easy to ride
- Tri fin setup FCS boxes
- Rider profile: perfect for new surfers, yet board provides soft to fun for everyone
- Construction: soft top
6. Hyperlite Byerly Speedster
- BIOLITE 3: The secret recipe we have been perfecting since day one. This core material is the gold standard in the industry and used throughout our line. Bio 3 is our lightest and most durable formula to date.
- LAYERED GLASS: Our fiberglass is available in 3 weights depending on the board. Over time, traditional woven glass fibers will separate. With layered glass every Hyperlite deck will have the same pop off the double up year after year.
- OPTIONAL TIP FIN
- DIE CUT EVA PAD
- MINIMAL ROCKER / DUAL CONCAVE BASE
7. SWELL Wakesurf Creator 2.0
- Double your Wakesurf Wave - Proprietary Design Creates Turbulence On The Opposite Side Of The Surf Wave To Allow The Surf Wave To Develop Into a Larger, Longer Wave.
- Switch from port to starboard instantly - Easily attach and remove with suction levers above or below the water, while in the boat or in the water, quick 5 second install and removal.
- Floating, no need to tether. - The SWELL Wakesurf Creator floats high in the water and is white in color for high visibility.
- Suction Technology, NO Velcro, Attaches and Removes In Seconds - Large industrial suction cups hold even in the toughest conditions.
- USA MADE AND SHIPPED! Universal, Works On All Inboards - From 1980's Ski Boats To Newer Wakeboard And Wakesurf Boats, Turn Them All Into Surf Machines With The Best Selling Wakesurf Shaper.
8. O'Brien Space Dust Wakesurfer
- Concave top deck
- Single FCS fin box
- Rider profile: perfect entry level board for surfers getting into skim style riding
- Construction: skim construction
9. AIRHEAD BONZAI Wakesurfer
- Compression molded fiberglass board with dual hook grooves
- Three profiled fins mounted to recessed fin boxes
- Classic shape that is easy to get up on
- EVA pad with molded kick tail
- Dimensions: 63"x20.5"
- Classic shape is easy to get up on and forgiving, perfect for beginners, intermediates, smaller wakes and bigger people
- Compression molded fiberglass board with dual hook grooves grab the wake
10. Driftsun Wakesurf Board
- BOARD STYLE - 4' 8" Surf Style Wakesurf Board for Beginner and Intermediate Riders (Advanced riders with customized fin set up)
- CONSTRUCTION - EPS Core with natural wood stringer, custom shaped, hand finished with epoxy and layered fiberglass, Diamond Machine Cut EVA Traction Pad with Kicktail
- FIN SETUP - Futures F4 Quad fin set up - interchangeable with all Futures Fins for a customized feel
- SHAPE - Dual Concave base and rocker line provides a fast and responsive ride, Low rail and rolled edges for maximum stability
- GROW WITH YOUR BOARD - The Driftsun Wake Surf Throwdown is built to grow with the rider, Beginners will find this style of board the easiest learn on. Advanced riders will enjoy its high speed, maneuverability and explosiveness.
Review of SWELL Wakesurf Creator 2.0
This boat is just a ski hull in which Centurion installed a v-drive and turned it into a wakeboarding crossover boat. I have 400# fat sacs in each rear ski locker. There was no dropping of the rope prior to Swell. With Swell and both sacs filled to capacity, the change in the wake is dramatic. My surf wake is much much larger now and has a nice shape to it. The wake even has a little curl to it occasionally. I can now surf rope free behind this old ski hull. Best money I've spent on sports equipment this summer.
I now fill both the rear bags even to 900lbs each on both sides and this thing throws a clean long wave to whichever side its not mounted to. Don't have to list the boat anymore, making it much easier to drive and so much faster to switch riders form different sides. Looks the exact same as the picture shows, and floats. I've never had it fall off during surfing and even forgot to remove it once and came up to speed 20+ mph before I realized it was still on and it never came loose.