2019's top Electric Mini Bikes are all here!
Mini Bikes are fabulous fun. Kids love them, and they bring them out of the house and away from the idiot box (now this term includes gaming consoles). They are known by many names, right from electric Mini Bike to Mini Chopper to Pocket Bike.
A Mini Moto is basically a scaled down version of the full fledged motorcycle, and is meant for kids. bike, mini moto, pocket bike, mini chopper, they’re all the same. But one thing is for sure: mini bikes are great fun. Your kid will love riding one, and who knows you may want to ride it once in a while too.
When you have a look at this list of the Top 10 Best Electric Mini Bikes, you not only see the latest bestsellers but new entrants and trending models. Since they are the top sellers they are not expensive, but at the right balance of price, quality and value.
Give your kids an experience that they will cherish for life. If your kids love to be out there in the great wide open, they will love everything about the Top 10 in American Outdoors and American Outdoor Sports. Make your choice and head out already!
Also don't miss the detailed reviews of our own Top 3 choices of Electric Mini Bikes!
Should I Buy My Child A Gas Or Electric Minibike?
The decision to buy your child a gas or electric minibike is not a very difficult one, especially if you yourself have a deep interest in bikes. If you have ridden bikes and have grown up with gas bikes, then you will be naturally inclined to go in for a gas mini bike for your child, but knowing the advantages of electric mini bikes you may even lean towards them.
If you are not very familiar with bikes, but have done a bit of riding without quite getting into the workings and repairing bits, then you will do well to read about the two types of mini bikes below and make an informed choice. Both electric and gas mini bikes are great, the electric ones are becoming amore popular now for obvious reasons like no sound, no pollution, no gas and almost no maintenance.
However here is a better way to go about deciding which one you should opt for.
Electric Mini Bikes
Look at the main advantages and disadvantages of electric minibikes
Why choose Electric-Powered Minibikes
An electric powered minibike has much fewer moving parts than a gas powered bike. There is a an electric motor that powers the rear wheel through a chain and sprockets. They are much quieter than gas minibikes and do not have a choke or a pull-up start etc. These electric minibikes provide very good and in some cases even better power than gas minibikes. There is no need for any warm-up procedure. The battery needing recharging is a good idea if you want your child to take a break and do something like house chores.
Gas Mini Bikes
A gas powered minibike has some good points and some bad.
Why choose Gas-Powered Minibikes
Your child will enjoy the sound and feel of a four-stroke, gas-powered engine. The gas powered bike will never run out of charge like electric ones, and can be refilled with gas to run on and on for hours on end. However, if you live in a quiet residential neighborhood, then the noise will be a problem. Also, you will have to deal with a certain level of maintenance for the gas bike.
Best Electric MiniBikes and Gas MiniBikes!
- Powered by a high-torque, chain-driven motor on a steel trellis-frame Chassis design and street geometry with low profile Windscreen
- Features custom 10 inch 3-spoke mag wheels and street tires, rear suspension, Variable speed twist-grip throttle, and hand-operated rear disc brakes
- 24V (two 12V) sealed lead acid rechargeable battery with quick-change compartment and up to 30 minutes of continuous use
- Also, includes adjustable angle riser style handlebars, soft rubber grips, retractable kickstand, folding foot pegs, and hidden storage compartment. Assembled Product Dimensions: 43.7 x 22.8 x 29.5 Inches (1110 mm x 580 mm x 750 mm)
- Recommended for ages 13 and up; supports riders up to 140 pounds
- Scaled-down electric motocross bike with powerful electric motor
- Carries riders at speeds of up to 14 mph; authentic dirt bike frame geometry
- 12-inch pneumatic knobby tires for maximum power transfer; retractable kickstand
- Recommended for ages 12 and older (140-pound weight limit); 90-day warranty
- Compact electric motocross bike with powerful 650-watt electric motor
- Carries riders at speeds of up to 17 mph; authentic dirt bike frame geometry
- Dual suspension and riser handlebars deliver smooth, comfortable ride. Battery life Up to 40 mins
- Pneumatic knobby tires for maximum power transfer; quiet variable-speed, chain-driven motor
- Recommended for ages 16 and older (220-pound weight limit); 90-day warranty . Initial charge time: 12 hours.Failure to recharge the battery at least once a month may result in a battery that will no longer accept a charge.
- Easily transforms from electric scooter to mini bike
- Height adjustable handlebar with Thumb control throttle
- Lever activated disc Brake for optimum braking performance
- 100 Watt DC motor with chain drive that speeds up to 10 mph
- Suitable for ages 8+, Recommended weight up to 120 pounds
- Inspired by the winningest motocross rider in history, Jeremy McGrath
- Complete with authentic McGrath graphics and fairing design, genuine dirt bike frame geometry and a high-torque, Variable speed motor for a super-charged experience
- Carries riders at speeds of up to 15 mph with 40 minutes of continuous use. Throttle is twist-grip
- Features dual suspension and riser handlebars, large pneumatic knobby tires, retractable kickstand, and hand operated dual disc brakes.Recommended for ages 14 and up; supports riders up to 175 pounds
- Frame: Steel, Motor: chain-driven, Fork: Double-crown, Foot Pegs: Folding, metal
- 36V (three 12V) sealed lead acid rechargeable battery system
- New and improved Razor Dirt Quad with fresh black styling and design
- Miniature electric off-road dirt quad with authentic quad geometry.Average battery life: 250 charge/discharge cycles.To ensure long battery life, do not store the battery in temperatures above 75? or below -10? F.
- Terrain-tracing droop-travel rear suspension with coil shock delivers smooth ride. Battery life Up to 40 mins
- Features twist-Grip acceleration control, hand operated rear disc brake, 13" pneumatic knobby tires, front brush bar, adjustable riser handlebars
- Recommended for ages 8 and up; supports riders up to 120 pounds
- Rev up that engine and let your wild child "burn some rubber"; This cool motorcycle ride-on is ready to inspire fun road-racing action; ideal for ages 3 -7, and a rider weight less than 65 lbs
- So easy to use, so easy to ride; the fun starts when your child hits the right red button on the grip; then revving engine and ignition sounds greet the rider; the red button on the left grip boldly honks the horn
- The design seems so real - the slick-looking frame, The sleek windshield, the motorcycle-type footrests, and even the "fuel cap" Just below the dashboard; the frame's bright color is irresistible to the eye
- This ride-on goes up to 2 mph; that's plenty of action for fun memories; The 6-volt battery delivers up to 40 minutes of continuous run time on a single charge
- Convenient wall charger is also included; recharging is easy; The battery-charging port is conveniently located by the right footrest
- [2020 Upgrade] of the Exerpeutic Motorized Leg and Arm Pedal Exerciser Mini Exercise Bike with Bonus Mat
- [Improved] Large 12cm wide foldable pedals with adjustable straps prevent foot slippage while pedaling.
- [Upgraded] Hand-held speed controller with 180cm extended long cord for easy speed adjustment.
- [Motor Auto-stop]overload protection stops the rotation of the cranks if the user’s legs cannot rotate freely.
- [BONUS] Non-skid floor mat included
- Included Components: Motorzied Exerciser, Tools, Manual
- MotoTec Gas Pocket Bike 33cc 2-Stroke Black
Last update on 2020-06-04 at 06:16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Electric mini bikes are amazing - here are my top three
If you don't want your lil one to feel left out when the elder sibling plans to go for a ride, then you should definitely get him/her a mini electric bike.
These electric mini bikes are fabulous fun and kids just love them. Don’t worry; these bikes are designed keeping in mind your child’s safety. A Mini Moto is basically a miniaturised model of a real bike. It is a scaled down version of your motorcycle.
Wait a second, here’s everything you should know about these super fun bikes before buying one.
You can call it anything, a Mini bike, pocket bike, mini moto, or a mini chopper, it’s all the same. These amazing little beauties are, however, not street legal, but of course, it depends on where you live. So, don’t forget to check with your local authorities to know if your mini beast is allowed in parks, on streets or not.
If you are planning to buy a mini bike for your kid, especially if he/she is a first time rider, it will be better to choose something with a lower horsepower. It will help in reducing accident risk.
Apart from making sure that your mini electric bike is easy to handle and is comfortable, understand your purpose of buying this bike.
Monster Moto MM-E1000-BB Electric Mini Bike review
For instance, if you are planning to buy your bike for rugged outdoor riding, then Monster Moto MM-E1000-BB Electric Mini Bike has to be your choice. It has a powerful 1000-Watt motor with automatic clutch that helps in ensuring easy operation. Its steel frame and no-dent fenders gives the bike the required toughness. The best part about Monster Moto MM-E1000-BB Electric Mini Bike is that it comes pre-assembled, you just have to attach the handlebars, charge the battery and you are ready to conquer the rough, muddy roads. Bike style throttle, large seats, spring loaded foot pegs ensure a great ride. It also comes with a charger that connects directly to the E1000 built in charger hook up. It takes almost 6 hours to fully connect the battery pack. Isn’t it amazing? The charge status indicator mounted on the handlebars helps you to know the charge level.
Monster Moto MM-E1000-BB Electric Mini Bike comes with a power stop button and a chain guard to ensure safety of your loved ones. It is assembled in the USA.
A verified user said, “The bike is super sturdy and my nine year old son feels so comfortable riding it. We as parents were worried and thought he is too young for bikes, but the safety features are just superb.”
Another user feels that it was very easy to assemble the handlebar and charge the bike, design wise the bike looks stunning. It has a classic vibe that’s cool enough for adults to appreciate it.
A user posted on an e-commerce website and said that his seven year old daughter took just an hour to figure out the working of Monster Moto MM-E1000-BB Electric Mini Bike. The best part about the bike was that it was powerful enough to give an exciting ride but not so powerful that it’s scary and uncontrollable.
Razor MX650 Dirt Rocket Electric Motocross Bike review
Well, this is not the only amazing electric mini bike available in the market. The other option available is Razor MX650 Rocket Electric Motocross Bike. It makes a good choice for older teens who demand a lot from their vehicle. Razor MX650 Rocket Electric Motocross Bike is one of the fastest options available in the market. It is capable of carrying a rider at speeds of up to 17 MPH and can carry riders of up to 220 pounds (approximately 100 kg). The steel body makes it sturdy and long lasting. All thanks to Razor MX650 Rocket Electric Motocross Bike to let kids enjoy spine-tinkling fun of dirt bike racing, but in their backyards. It is built for kids aged 16 and so. The initial charge time is of 12 hours and this bike comes with a major drawback, i.e. if you fail to recharge the battery at least once a month, it may result in battery that will no longer accept a charge.
A verified user bought Razor MX650 Rocket Electric Motocross Bike for her eight year old daughter and is very happy with the bike. She had to test drive it before buying to ensure stability and safety for her kid. She feels that both the suspension and braking is great and the bike is safe for her eight year old.
Another user had a not so good experience; the first bike that she bought was a failure, it wouldn’t charge properly and the power would cut-off during a turn. However, she is thankful to Amazon to quickly replacing it with a new Razor MX650 Rocket Electric Motocross Bike. She bought it for her nine year old son, and is happy after getting the new bike. She said her two sons ride this bike at least once every week on a dirt road with pot holes, bumps, and water.
A 6'3" tall user who weighs somewhere about 84kg has bought Razor MX650 Rocket Electric Motocross Bike for himself. Yes, you read it right. He feels that Razor MX650 Rocket Electric Motocross Bike is faster and more comfortable than buying a useless hover board.
Razor MX350 Dirt Rocket Electric Motocross Bike review
However, if you don’t want to spend this much on your first bike, then Razor also has MX350 Dirt Rocket Electric Motocross Bike, that comes for $ 239. Don’t worry; you will not have to compromise on a lot of things. This is super quiet, and has a chain driven motor with a twist grip throttle control. The speed can go up to 14 miles per hours with no pedalling needed. Razor MX350 Dirt Rocket Electric Motocross Bike is designed for kids aged 13 or more and can handle 140 pounds (Approximately 64 kg).
A verified user wrote that the steel body helps in building the strong grip and you can use it for 30 minutes continuously after charging it (which is actually not bad). He bought this for his 5 year old kid and feels that the bike is perfect for him but his eight year old son looks too big for the bike that is actually recommended for 13 year old kids.
Another user was sceptical about buying Razor MX350 Dirt Rocket Electric Motocross Bike after reading the reviews. However, she is happy with her decision and feels it is a perfect choice for her 5 year old daughter.
Still wondering why should you buy an electric bike? Well, electric means easy, it also means safe. There is no gas, fumes, it is not combustible. Another amazing thing about these bikes is that they can keep your child active and away from television, video games, etc.
If you are also looking for electric mopeds for yourself, then do have a look at our detailed article on electric mopeds.