2019's top Electric Mini Bikes are all here!
Mini Bikes are fabulous fun. Kids love them, and they bring them out of the house and away from the idiot box (now this term includes gaming consoles). They are known by many names, right from electric Mini Bike to Mini Chopper to Pocket Bike.
A Mini Moto is basically a scaled down version of the full fledged motorcycle, and is meant for kids. bike, mini moto, pocket bike, mini chopper, they’re all the same. But one thing is for sure: mini bikes are great fun. Your kid will love riding one, and who knows you may want to ride it once in a while too.
When you have a look at this list of the Top 10 Best Electric Mini Bikes, you not only see the latest bestsellers but new entrants and trending models. Since they are the top sellers they are not expensive, but at the right balance of price, quality and value.
Give your kids an experience that they will cherish for life. If your kids love to be out there in the great wide open, they will love everything about the Top 10 in American Outdoors and American Outdoor Sports. Make your choice and head out already!
Also don't miss the detailed reviews of our own Top 3 choices of Electric Mini Bikes!
Should I Buy My Child A Gas Or Electric Minibike?
The decision to buy your child a gas or electric minibike is not a very difficult one, especially if you yourself have a deep interest in bikes. If you have ridden bikes and have grown up with gas bikes, then you will be naturally inclined to go in for a gas mini bike for your child, but knowing the advantages of electric mini bikes you may even lean towards them.
If you are not very familiar with bikes, but have done a bit of riding without quite getting into the workings and repairing bits, then you will do well to read about the two types of mini bikes below and make an informed choice. Both electric and gas mini bikes are great, the electric ones are becoming amore popular now for obvious reasons like no sound, no pollution, no gas and almost no maintenance.
However here is a better way to go about deciding which one you should opt for.
Electric Mini Bikes
Look at the main advantages and disadvantages of electric minibikes
Why choose Electric-Powered Minibikes
An electric powered minibike has much fewer moving parts than a gas powered bike. There is a an electric motor that powers the rear wheel through a chain and sprockets. They are much quieter than gas minibikes and do not have a choke or a pull-up start etc. These electric minibikes provide very good and in some cases even better power than gas minibikes. There is no need for any warm-up procedure. The battery needing recharging is a good idea if you want your child to take a break and do something like house chores.
Gas Mini Bikes
A gas powered minibike has some good points and some bad.
Why choose Gas-Powered Minibikes
Your child will enjoy the sound and feel of a four-stroke, gas-powered engine. The gas powered bike will never run out of charge like electric ones, and can be refilled with gas to run on and on for hours on end. However, if you live in a quiet residential neighborhood, then the noise will be a problem. Also, you will have to deal with a certain level of maintenance for the gas bike.
Best Electric MiniBikes and Gas MiniBikes!
- PARAMETERS: 350W Powerful electric bikes with a 36V built-in rechargeable Lithium-Ion 10.4Ah battery(5-6h charging time) and up to 18.5mph speed.
- INDIVIDUALIZED DESIGN: With color block looking, sports style, streamlined matte surface, this portable mini city bike is equipped with dual disc brakes, non-slip bump handlebars, LCD battery/speed Indicator, foldable handlehead, adjustable saddle(30.7"-34.6"), 14" anti-shock tires, front lamp and tail lights.
- AMAZING COMMUTING BIKES: This electric bike is great for commuting on flat city roads（max slope 15°). You can also add a basket to the front or install a kettle holder to carry light things when you are hanging out.
- Take charge: Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Max Range 15 Miles: Explore your neighborhood or enjoy your commute all on a single battery charge.
- Lightweight Frame: The aluminum alloy frame is lightweight and sturdy, supporting up to 250 lbs and made for everyday use
- On the go: easily take it up and down stairs, slide it under your desk, or tuck it away at home with the collapsible handlebar
- 250-Watt Motor: Zip around town in style with the Bolt's powerful yet quiet motor.
- LED headlight : The LED headlight shines bright on the path ahead of you – safe riding is our top priority (making you look good is a close second)
- LCD display : A sweet LCD display provides a simple visual to show you battery life, in a clean easy-to-see interface.
- Max Speed : Up to 15.5 mph., | Frame : Aluminum alloy., | Wheels : 12"
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND SMALL -- Exquisite, compact and lightweight new small bikes for women, the unfolded size is 54.7*20.7*40.2 inches, when folded, it is only 29*22.5*29.5 inches, and weighs 61 pounds, double folding buckles, one person can fold easily, fold in 10 seconds and easily put into the trunk of the car, easy to store and travel
- KINETIC ENERGY -- This folding electric bike is equipped with a 48V 350W high-power brushless motor, strong kinetic energy, which can reach a maximum speed of 19.2 MPH. There are three riding modes of pedal, power assist and pure electric to meet more personal travel needs and road conditions
- ELECTRICAL ENERGY -- Our electric bike for adults is equipped with a 48V 10AH removable high-capacity lithium battery, upgraded long-lasting battery life, with a maximum mileage of up to 22 miles, which fully meets the needs of daily commuting, you don't have to worry about the distance even if you go out for an outing
- QUADRUPLE SHOCK ABSORBERS -- The new design, adult electric bicycles with multiple shock absorption, professional triangular force structure, front fork shock absorber, center shock absorber, rear wheel dual shock absorber, saddle shock absorber, even if the road is bumpy, it is like driving on flat ground
- All-TERRAIN AND MULTI-SCENE -- The foldaway ebike uses 14-inch explosion-proof vacuum rubber tires, which are puncture-resistant, wear-resistant, and slip-resistant. It can pass safely through mountains, snow, and gravel. With front and rear double disc brakes, the braking distance is about 5.9-9.8 feet, ensuring driving safety
- Grab your helmet and hop on the Mini Bike ride-on toy for awesome driveway and backyard fun, Seats one rider, ages 8 - 12, with a maximum weight of 120 lbs
- Twist grip throttle – just like a real motorcycle, Goes forward at 8 MPH, with a top speed of 10 MPH, Disc brakes provide reliable stopping power
- Aluminum mag wheels, tough built powder coated steel frame, and vinyl padded seat add to the grown-up look
- Rubber pneumatic off-road tires provide grip and stability for a smooth ride
- Includes 24-volt rechargeable battery and charger so the fun never has to stop for long
- Lithium Ion Battery Performance - 11.6 AH 36V Lithium Ion NCM
- 2 Speed modes with hidden switch - 12 or 22 mph.
- Full suspension that works
- 750W Neodymium Magnet Motor - 50A Peak Controller
- The power to get lost: Powered with a brushless 500 watt motor and 48 volt battery unit with two ride modes - ride assist and throttle means more time for ripping down the road, or trail, with all your gear. The Mini Swell is a street legal beast that gets you farther, faster, and does it in a performance urban motorcycle style never before achieved by electric bikes - where pedaling (or shoes) isn't required.
- Open up new spots: Twist the motorcycle-style throttle up to 20mph, and max distance of 40 miles - your backyard just got a lot bigger. Remove the secure lockable battery with included set of keys, throw it in your bag, and top it off on your next all day epic with the charging cable. The battery unit features a charge indicator and a 4-5 hour full charge time.
- Cut your own path: With fat 4 inch tires mounted to 20” alloy wheels, the aggressive knobby treads bite into whatever surface you throw at it. The triple-tree front suspension fork absorbs bumps to smooth out the ride and lets you take the street, dirt, sand or all of the above. Front and rear disc brakes have you covered when things get a little sketchy.
- Style and tech: A leather handcrafted seat, comfort grips, clean minimal lines, and aggressive moto inspired front end make it the perfect urban performance vehicle – but there’s plenty of tech under the hood. Control and monitor your ride with the LCD display, find a new gear with the 6 speed Shimano shifter, and turn the bright LED headlight on when the sun goes down.
- 98% assembled: Your new Mini Swell comes with the brakes, bike seat both wheels already installed, just adjust the handle bar and you are ready to roll!! Plan for about 5 minutes of assembly and safety checks before heading out on your first ride. All Hurley bikes have been ACT, CPSC & UL certified—the gold standard in bicycle safety.
- Your ride has arrived – Razor’s Rambler 16 is a modernized take on the vintage minibike phenomenon. Super cool styling with vintage graphics.
- Powerful fun for miles – 350-watt hub motor delivers speeds up to 15.5 mph (25 km/h), and a rechargeable 36-volt battery system helps achieve up to 11.5 miles (18.5 km) of cruising.
- Smooth and steady – Super wide 16″ (406 mm) tires are air-filled and heavy duty to tackle rough surfaces.
- Smooth and stable – The rear-wheel drive unit apportions greater weight to the rear, enhancing both drive traction and ease of steering.
- Ride where you want – Recommended for riders ages 18 and up, with features like a bright LED headlight and brake-activated taillight.; Sturdy and Durable – With high quality steel construction, the Rambler 16 is a solid and durable electric ride that stands up to rugged use.; Sitting stylish – The Rambler 16 features an elongated, banana-style seat seat and at 25.9″ inch (65.8 cm) high lets you sit high and mighty.
- 【Retro Design 】Unique different style of electric bike you've never seen: Combined with a 1980's retro impressive look and step-thru frame, the electric bike is the most distinctive e-bike on the market. Strong, solid, practical. Beautiful and unique electric bike adults are your best choice whether it's street photography or travel, commuting to work, or weekend adventures.
- 【Powerful Motor】Electric bike is equipped with a powerful 500W brushless motor, the strong power can support riding at a speed of up to 23 mph. The 48V high-capacity battery takes only 3-4 hours to charge and can last up to 40 miles on a full charge. Featuring two ride modes - ride assist and throttle means more time for ripping down the road.
- 【Fat Tire Electric bike】4" fat tires are mounted on 20" alloy wheels, making it suitable for snow, sand, grass, gravel, wet and muddy roads, and more. The triple-tree suspension front fork used by the fat tire electric bike has a vital shock absorption function, which can effectively absorb bumps and maintain a smooth ride.
- 【LCD Display & Shimano 6-speed】LCD display is easy to read information such as battery level, speed, mileage, etc., to help you better grasp the running status of the electric bike, with 6-speed Shimano shift lever assist to let you ride farther, Easier and more comfortable.
- 【Easy to Assembly And Excellent Service】The e-bike is 85% assembled so you won't be struggling with the rest. If you have any questions about Fat Tire electric bikes, please feel free to contact us. We are committed to manufacturing high-quality electric bikes. With warehouses in Los Angeles, California, and Atlanta, Georgia, we’ve exported top-of-the-line products to Europe and all around the United States. We’re proud of what we do and stand behind everything that we build.
- 100% Electric Mini Bike with full suspension!
- 250w Motor, 24v SLA Battery for long riding time
- Large 12.5" diameter tires
- Up to a 150lb Rider
- The Razor Rambler 12 has arrived – A modernized take on the vintage minibike phenomenon. A combination of style, efficiency, and power make this quality electric minibike a top-of-the-line riding experience for teenagers
- Efficient and eco-friendly – High-torque 250-watt motor delivers speeds up to 14 mph (23 km/h), and a rechargeable 24-volt battery system helps achieve up to 40 minutes of continuous ride time on a single charge
- Smooth and versatile – Super wide, 12" (305 mm) pneumatic tires are heavy duty to tackle rough surfaces
- Sturdy and Durable – With a high-quality steel build, the Rambler 12 is a solid and durable electric ride that stands up to rugged use
- Sitting stylish – The Rambler 12 features an elongated, banana-style, padded seat that lets you sit high and mighty
- Great for teen rider – Recommended for ages 13 and up; supports a maximum weight of 170 lbs (77 kg)
Last update on 2022-11-08 at 07:06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Electric mini bikes are amazing - here are my top three
If you don't want your lil one to feel left out when the elder sibling plans to go for a ride, then you should definitely get him/her a mini electric bike.
These electric mini bikes are fabulous fun and kids just love them. Don’t worry; these bikes are designed keeping in mind your child’s safety. A Mini Moto is basically a miniaturised model of a real bike. It is a scaled down version of your motorcycle.
Wait a second, here’s everything you should know about these super fun bikes before buying one.
You can call it anything, a Mini bike, pocket bike, mini moto, or a mini chopper, it’s all the same. These amazing little beauties are, however, not street legal, but of course, it depends on where you live. So, don’t forget to check with your local authorities to know if your mini beast is allowed in parks, on streets or not.
If you are planning to buy a mini bike for your kid, especially if he/she is a first time rider, it will be better to choose something with a lower horsepower. It will help in reducing accident risk.
Apart from making sure that your mini electric bike is easy to handle and is comfortable, understand your purpose of buying this bike.
Monster Moto MM-E1000-BB Electric Mini Bike review
For instance, if you are planning to buy your bike for rugged outdoor riding, then Monster Moto MM-E1000-BB Electric Mini Bike has to be your choice. It has a powerful 1000-Watt motor with automatic clutch that helps in ensuring easy operation. Its steel frame and no-dent fenders gives the bike the required toughness. The best part about Monster Moto MM-E1000-BB Electric Mini Bike is that it comes pre-assembled, you just have to attach the handlebars, charge the battery and you are ready to conquer the rough, muddy roads. Bike style throttle, large seats, spring loaded foot pegs ensure a great ride. It also comes with a charger that connects directly to the E1000 built in charger hook up. It takes almost 6 hours to fully connect the battery pack. Isn’t it amazing? The charge status indicator mounted on the handlebars helps you to know the charge level.
Monster Moto MM-E1000-BB Electric Mini Bike comes with a power stop button and a chain guard to ensure safety of your loved ones. It is assembled in the USA.
A verified user said, “The bike is super sturdy and my nine year old son feels so comfortable riding it. We as parents were worried and thought he is too young for bikes, but the safety features are just superb.”
Another user feels that it was very easy to assemble the handlebar and charge the bike, design wise the bike looks stunning. It has a classic vibe that’s cool enough for adults to appreciate it.
A user posted on an e-commerce website and said that his seven year old daughter took just an hour to figure out the working of Monster Moto MM-E1000-BB Electric Mini Bike. The best part about the bike was that it was powerful enough to give an exciting ride but not so powerful that it’s scary and uncontrollable.
Razor MX650 Dirt Rocket Electric Motocross Bike review
Well, this is not the only amazing electric mini bike available in the market. The other option available is Razor MX650 Rocket Electric Motocross Bike. It makes a good choice for older teens who demand a lot from their vehicle. Razor MX650 Rocket Electric Motocross Bike is one of the fastest options available in the market. It is capable of carrying a rider at speeds of up to 17 MPH and can carry riders of up to 220 pounds (approximately 100 kg). The steel body makes it sturdy and long lasting. All thanks to Razor MX650 Rocket Electric Motocross Bike to let kids enjoy spine-tinkling fun of dirt bike racing, but in their backyards. It is built for kids aged 16 and so. The initial charge time is of 12 hours and this bike comes with a major drawback, i.e. if you fail to recharge the battery at least once a month, it may result in battery that will no longer accept a charge.
A verified user bought Razor MX650 Rocket Electric Motocross Bike for her eight year old daughter and is very happy with the bike. She had to test drive it before buying to ensure stability and safety for her kid. She feels that both the suspension and braking is great and the bike is safe for her eight year old.
Another user had a not so good experience; the first bike that she bought was a failure, it wouldn’t charge properly and the power would cut-off during a turn. However, she is thankful to Amazon to quickly replacing it with a new Razor MX650 Rocket Electric Motocross Bike. She bought it for her nine year old son, and is happy after getting the new bike. She said her two sons ride this bike at least once every week on a dirt road with pot holes, bumps, and water.
A 6'3" tall user who weighs somewhere about 84kg has bought Razor MX650 Rocket Electric Motocross Bike for himself. Yes, you read it right. He feels that Razor MX650 Rocket Electric Motocross Bike is faster and more comfortable than buying a useless hover board.
Razor MX350 Dirt Rocket Electric Motocross Bike review
However, if you don’t want to spend this much on your first bike, then Razor also has MX350 Dirt Rocket Electric Motocross Bike, that comes for $ 239. Don’t worry; you will not have to compromise on a lot of things. This is super quiet, and has a chain driven motor with a twist grip throttle control. The speed can go up to 14 miles per hours with no pedalling needed. Razor MX350 Dirt Rocket Electric Motocross Bike is designed for kids aged 13 or more and can handle 140 pounds (Approximately 64 kg).
A verified user wrote that the steel body helps in building the strong grip and you can use it for 30 minutes continuously after charging it (which is actually not bad). He bought this for his 5 year old kid and feels that the bike is perfect for him but his eight year old son looks too big for the bike that is actually recommended for 13 year old kids.
Another user was sceptical about buying Razor MX350 Dirt Rocket Electric Motocross Bike after reading the reviews. However, she is happy with her decision and feels it is a perfect choice for her 5 year old daughter.
Still wondering why should you buy an electric bike? Well, electric means easy, it also means safe. There is no gas, fumes, it is not combustible. Another amazing thing about these bikes is that they can keep your child active and away from television, video games, etc.
If you are also looking for electric mopeds for yourself, then do have a look at our detailed article on electric mopeds.