2019's top Electric Mini Bikes are all here!
Mini Bikes are fabulous fun. Kids love them, and they bring them out of the house and away from the idiot box (now this term includes gaming consoles). They are known by many names, right from electric Mini Bike to Mini Chopper to Pocket Bike.
A Mini Moto is basically a scaled down version of the full fledged motorcycle, and is meant for kids. bike, mini moto, pocket bike, mini chopper, they’re all the same. But one thing is for sure: mini bikes are great fun. Your kid will love riding one, and who knows you may want to ride it once in a while too.
When you have a look at this list of the Top 10 Best Electric Mini Bikes, you not only see the latest bestsellers but new entrants and trending models. Since they are the top sellers they are not expensive, but at the right balance of price, quality and value.
Give your kids an experience that they will cherish for life. If your kids love to be out there in the great wide open, they will love everything about the Top 10 in American Outdoors and American Outdoor Sports. Make your choice and head out already!
Also don't miss the detailed reviews of our own Top 3 choices of Electric Mini Bikes!
Should I Buy My Child A Gas Or Electric Minibike?
The decision to buy your child a gas or electric minibike is not a very difficult one, especially if you yourself have a deep interest in bikes. If you have ridden bikes and have grown up with gas bikes, then you will be naturally inclined to go in for a gas mini bike for your child, but knowing the advantages of electric mini bikes you may even lean towards them.
If you are not very familiar with bikes, but have done a bit of riding without quite getting into the workings and repairing bits, then you will do well to read about the two types of mini bikes below and make an informed choice. Both electric and gas mini bikes are great, the electric ones are becoming amore popular now for obvious reasons like no sound, no pollution, no gas and almost no maintenance.
However here is a better way to go about deciding which one you should opt for.
Electric Mini Bikes
Look at the main advantages and disadvantages of electric minibikes
Why choose Electric-Powered Minibikes
An electric powered minibike has much fewer moving parts than a gas powered bike. There is a an electric motor that powers the rear wheel through a chain and sprockets. They are much quieter than gas minibikes and do not have a choke or a pull-up start etc. These electric minibikes provide very good and in some cases even better power than gas minibikes. There is no need for any warm-up procedure. The battery needing recharging is a good idea if you want your child to take a break and do something like house chores.
Gas Mini Bikes
A gas powered minibike has some good points and some bad.
Why choose Gas-Powered Minibikes
Your child will enjoy the sound and feel of a four-stroke, gas-powered engine. The gas powered bike will never run out of charge like electric ones, and can be refilled with gas to run on and on for hours on end. However, if you live in a quiet residential neighborhood, then the noise will be a problem. Also, you will have to deal with a certain level of maintenance for the gas bike.
Best Electric MiniBikes and Gas MiniBikes!
- Scaled down, battery-powered electric moto-cross dirt bike for off-road riding
- Super quiet, single speed, chain driven motor with a twist grip throttle control
- Large knobby tires; hand operated rear brake and battery life is up to 30 min
- Speeds up to 14 miles per hour with no pedaling needed!
- Designed for ages 13 and up; 90-day warranty
- Item non-returnable
- Max weight is 140 pounds
- POWERFUL & EFFICIENT: The 4 stroke OHV 1 cylinder engine with 196cc/6. 5hp, will power you through the trails all day with plenty of muscle while still being fuel efficient.
- EASY & SMOOTH: The easy pull start operation makes this the ideal trail bike for any rider. Low-pressure tires provide a soft, smooth ride even on rugged terrain.
- DURABLE&RELIABLE: Built with a rugged,proven clutch and a solid,sturdy metal frame this heavy-duty mini bike will withstand years of fun on the trail.The rear drum break allows for reliable stopping
- FUN FOR ALL: With a load capacity of 200 pounds and clearance of 5. 5 inches, this scooter is perfect for everyone 13+.
- Optional storage racks sold separately
- Easily transforms from electric scooter to mini bike
- Height adjustable handlebar with Thumb control throttle
- Lever activated disc Brake for optimum braking performance
- 100 Watt DC motor with chain drive that speeds up to 10 mph
- Suitable for ages 8+, Recommended weight up to 120 pounds
- Compact electric motocross bike with powerful 650-watt electric motor
- Carries riders at speeds of up to 17 mph; authentic dirt bike frame geometry
- Dual suspension and riser handlebars deliver smooth, comfortable ride. Battery life Up to 40 mins
- Pneumatic knobby tires for maximum power transfer; quiet variable-speed, chain-driven motor
- Recommended for ages 16 and older (220-pound weight limit); 90-day warranty . Initial charge time: 12 hours.Failure to recharge the battery at least once a month may result in a battery that will no longer accept a charge.
- SIMPLE TO SET UP - This classic e-mini bike comes pre-assembled and includes a toolkit. Simply attach the adjustable handlebars, charge the battery pack and go!
- DURABLE - The 250W is durably constructed with a reinforced welded tube steel frame and polypropylene no-dent fenders providing the toughness you need to conquer the outdoors.
- SAFETY FIRST - With a safety speed limiter switch that allows parents of young riders to toggle between 7 and 11 mph this electric mini bike was built with safety in mind. The rear hand operated cable actuated rear disc brake allows for safe and reliable stopping.
- WHAT’S IN THE BOX - Mega Moto Classic 250W Electric Mini Bike, charger, tool kit and all hardware required to complete the assembly of the unit, rechargeable/replaceable batteries, owner's manual, and pink and red decal sets.
- DECALS - Please note that with our recent brand change, you may receive a unit that has Monster Moto decals and packaging. Not to worry! Whether “Mega” or “Monster”, it’s the exact same great Moto product!
- Robust and foldable; the e bike’s sturdy frame can support up to 264 pounds and collapse its stem and handlebars for easy storage
- Extreme torque; tackle speeds up to 18 mph via app optimization and climb inclines up to 12 degrees on a powerful zero emission motor
- Long lasting charge; a single charge lets you traverse up to 15. 5 miles of thrilling adventures and new discoveries
- App control; connect your iOS or Android with the Swag Cycle 2 app to track your trip, speed, GPS location, and more
- USB port; plug your mobile devices into the electric bike’s USB port to stay fully charged wherever you go
- Terrain Type: Flat Terrain
- Bringing Back History! * View Video Here: https://youtu.be/fGmt9ObPir8 The Massimo Warrior MB 200cc Trail Mini features the classical look and feel of the Old-School Trail Mini back in 1969. Great for adults looking to bring back their childhood memories but also great for the young ones that want a stylish mini bike that their parents might have once had or just a great all around mini bike to have fun on.
- Powerful Engine * Forget about mixing gas, our 200cc engine is a quality and long lasting motor that will give you all the power you need to rip around the trail or yard on and provide you many great years of fun. This engine can pull someone even up to 280lbs around with great ease. The top Speed is over 30MPH!!
- Loads of Features! * TOur pull start engine (same as all vehicles in this class) is a breeze to start and turn off with our easy off kill switch. This unit features a very comfortable ride, more so than the original mini bike which is supported with its front hydraulic shock system, plush comfort seat, and large oversized tires.
- Extra Standard Features! * This bike features a front headlight, sturdy breaking system, kick stand, a storage compartment in front of the seat that mimics the original style gas tank, a chain guard, and exhaust heat shield. This unit is also CARB approved and compliant in California. Make sure when you ride you wear a helmet and safety gear.
- Easy Shipping and Assembly! * Must enter valid phone number for delivery drop off. You will get the unit dropped off to your address and then just mount up the handlebars, fill up with Gas and you are good to start riding! Simple and Easy!
- IDEAL BEGINNER DIRT BIKE CHOICE - FEATURE 1: Real 2-stroke ENGINE, instead of noisy lawn mower motor. FEATURE 2: Equipped with IMPROVED SPEED LIMITER and can limit speed from 30mph to 15mph for sure. FEATURE 3: the desgin is UNIQUE on the market.
- 365-DAY CUSTOMER SERVICE: We provide 365-day customer service via email and phone call support during busniess hours. UPS SIGNATRE CONFIRMATION:We will ship your bikes via UPS and require SIGNATRE CONFIRMATION.
- WARRANTY COVERED:We warranty the products to be free of material defects in workmanship for the warranty period from the date your product is delivered. Damages on Arrival shall be notified WITHIN 3 BUSINESS DAY UPON DELIVERY. Engine is covered to be free from manufacturer defect for three (3) months. Parts are covered under warranty to be free from manufacturer defects for one (1) month, 10 days or not covered under warranty. Details are attached below in the description.
- SPECIFICATIONS: Great size for beginner product size is 50inch x 22inch x 33.5inch with seat height 23 inches. Dry Weight: 48.5LBS/22KG, Wet Weight:57.3LBS/26KG. Package: 42inch x 12inch x 22inch, 60lbs. Maximun weight capcity160 lbs. Fuel tank capacity: 0.45gal/1.7L; Max Speed 24.9 mph(40km/h). Fuel grade: 91# gas. Mixture ratio of fuel & lubricant oil: 20~25:1. FRONT/REAR TIRE SPECIFICATION: 2.5-10, both are disk brakes. Strong front and rear disk brake for maximun control over the bike
- WHAT'S IN THE BOX - Holeshot Mini Dirt Bike. Tool kit and hardware required to assemble the unit. Owner's Manual. Decal set. EASY TO INSTALL: 85% assembled, all you need to do is the install the rear shock absorber, front wheel, handle bar and the fender and then HERE YOU GO! Video and picture installation is shown in the Technical Specification. Created with high quality material for handling all types of tough situations. Recommended age of rider is 6 years old and up.
- Powered by a high-torque, chain-driven motor on a steel trellis-frame Chassis design and street geometry with low profile Windscreen
- Features custom 10 inch 3-spoke mag wheels and street tires, rear suspension, Variable speed twist-grip throttle, and hand-operated rear disc brakes
- 24V (two 12V) sealed lead acid rechargeable battery with quick-change compartment and up to 30 minutes of continuous use
- Also, includes adjustable angle riser style handlebars, soft rubber grips, retractable kickstand, folding foot pegs, and hidden storage compartment. Assembled Product Dimensions: 43.7 x 22.8 x 29.5 Inches (1110 mm x 580 mm x 750 mm)
- Recommended for ages 13 and up; supports riders up to 140 pounds
Last update on 2020-04-03 at 23:05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Electric mini bikes are amazing - here are my top three
If you don't want your lil one to feel left out when the elder sibling plans to go for a ride, then you should definitely get him/her a mini electric bike.
These electric mini bikes are fabulous fun and kids just love them. Don’t worry; these bikes are designed keeping in mind your child’s safety. A Mini Moto is basically a miniaturised model of a real bike. It is a scaled down version of your motorcycle.
Wait a second, here’s everything you should know about these super fun bikes before buying one.
You can call it anything, a Mini bike, pocket bike, mini moto, or a mini chopper, it’s all the same. These amazing little beauties are, however, not street legal, but of course, it depends on where you live. So, don’t forget to check with your local authorities to know if your mini beast is allowed in parks, on streets or not.
If you are planning to buy a mini bike for your kid, especially if he/she is a first time rider, it will be better to choose something with a lower horsepower. It will help in reducing accident risk.
Apart from making sure that your mini electric bike is easy to handle and is comfortable, understand your purpose of buying this bike.
Monster Moto MM-E1000-BB Electric Mini Bike review
For instance, if you are planning to buy your bike for rugged outdoor riding, then Monster Moto MM-E1000-BB Electric Mini Bike has to be your choice. It has a powerful 1000-Watt motor with automatic clutch that helps in ensuring easy operation. Its steel frame and no-dent fenders gives the bike the required toughness. The best part about Monster Moto MM-E1000-BB Electric Mini Bike is that it comes pre-assembled, you just have to attach the handlebars, charge the battery and you are ready to conquer the rough, muddy roads. Bike style throttle, large seats, spring loaded foot pegs ensure a great ride. It also comes with a charger that connects directly to the E1000 built in charger hook up. It takes almost 6 hours to fully connect the battery pack. Isn’t it amazing? The charge status indicator mounted on the handlebars helps you to know the charge level.
Monster Moto MM-E1000-BB Electric Mini Bike comes with a power stop button and a chain guard to ensure safety of your loved ones. It is assembled in the USA.
A verified user said, “The bike is super sturdy and my nine year old son feels so comfortable riding it. We as parents were worried and thought he is too young for bikes, but the safety features are just superb.”
Another user feels that it was very easy to assemble the handlebar and charge the bike, design wise the bike looks stunning. It has a classic vibe that’s cool enough for adults to appreciate it.
A user posted on an e-commerce website and said that his seven year old daughter took just an hour to figure out the working of Monster Moto MM-E1000-BB Electric Mini Bike. The best part about the bike was that it was powerful enough to give an exciting ride but not so powerful that it’s scary and uncontrollable.
Razor MX650 Dirt Rocket Electric Motocross Bike review
Well, this is not the only amazing electric mini bike available in the market. The other option available is Razor MX650 Rocket Electric Motocross Bike. It makes a good choice for older teens who demand a lot from their vehicle. Razor MX650 Rocket Electric Motocross Bike is one of the fastest options available in the market. It is capable of carrying a rider at speeds of up to 17 MPH and can carry riders of up to 220 pounds (approximately 100 kg). The steel body makes it sturdy and long lasting. All thanks to Razor MX650 Rocket Electric Motocross Bike to let kids enjoy spine-tinkling fun of dirt bike racing, but in their backyards. It is built for kids aged 16 and so. The initial charge time is of 12 hours and this bike comes with a major drawback, i.e. if you fail to recharge the battery at least once a month, it may result in battery that will no longer accept a charge.
A verified user bought Razor MX650 Rocket Electric Motocross Bike for her eight year old daughter and is very happy with the bike. She had to test drive it before buying to ensure stability and safety for her kid. She feels that both the suspension and braking is great and the bike is safe for her eight year old.
Another user had a not so good experience; the first bike that she bought was a failure, it wouldn’t charge properly and the power would cut-off during a turn. However, she is thankful to Amazon to quickly replacing it with a new Razor MX650 Rocket Electric Motocross Bike. She bought it for her nine year old son, and is happy after getting the new bike. She said her two sons ride this bike at least once every week on a dirt road with pot holes, bumps, and water.
A 6'3" tall user who weighs somewhere about 84kg has bought Razor MX650 Rocket Electric Motocross Bike for himself. Yes, you read it right. He feels that Razor MX650 Rocket Electric Motocross Bike is faster and more comfortable than buying a useless hover board.
Razor MX350 Dirt Rocket Electric Motocross Bike review
However, if you don’t want to spend this much on your first bike, then Razor also has MX350 Dirt Rocket Electric Motocross Bike, that comes for $ 239. Don’t worry; you will not have to compromise on a lot of things. This is super quiet, and has a chain driven motor with a twist grip throttle control. The speed can go up to 14 miles per hours with no pedalling needed. Razor MX350 Dirt Rocket Electric Motocross Bike is designed for kids aged 13 or more and can handle 140 pounds (Approximately 64 kg).
A verified user wrote that the steel body helps in building the strong grip and you can use it for 30 minutes continuously after charging it (which is actually not bad). He bought this for his 5 year old kid and feels that the bike is perfect for him but his eight year old son looks too big for the bike that is actually recommended for 13 year old kids.
Another user was sceptical about buying Razor MX350 Dirt Rocket Electric Motocross Bike after reading the reviews. However, she is happy with her decision and feels it is a perfect choice for her 5 year old daughter.
Still wondering why should you buy an electric bike? Well, electric means easy, it also means safe. There is no gas, fumes, it is not combustible. Another amazing thing about these bikes is that they can keep your child active and away from television, video games, etc.
If you are also looking for electric mopeds for yourself, then do have a look at our detailed article on electric mopeds.