Just $14.73 per month for SwagTron hoverboards and rideables!
Want Easy Monthly Payments option? Click now!
SwagTron T6 and other off-roader hoverboards on Amazon!
|1||Jetson V8 All Terrain Black Electric Hoverboard - Self Balancing Makes it Great for Standard or Off...||31 Reviews||$299.98||Check on Amazon|
|2||UL2272 Certified Hoverboard – 8.5" Off Road Smart Self balancing Scooter – Bluetooth Speaker –...||No ratings yet||$275.00||Check on Amazon|
|3||SWAGTRON T6 Off-Road Hoverboard - First in the World to Handle Over 380 LBS, Up to 12 MPH, UL2272...||64 Reviews||$449.99||Check on Amazon|
Last update on 2017-10-18 at 08:12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
BEST HOVERBOARDS UNDER 200/250/300/450...
DECENT HOVERBOARD BRANDS
MORE HOVERBOARD BRANDS
Hey we've just been featured on SwagTron.com - check it out!
HEY DON'T MISS THIS!
Selected electric hoverboards, e-cycles, electric skateboards on Amazon!
Last update on 2017-10-17 at 15:42 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This looks so buyable...
Segway miniPRO discount from $1299 to $999 to only $594 - a HUGE reduction.
It's quite different from a regular hoverboard, so if you want to try something different, check it out!
SwagTron T5 review - SwagTron T5 hoverboard UL 2272 at just $239! Flash Sale! (use coupon swag-1163A391NDSS at check out)
The CHEAPEST and SAFEST UL 2272 certified hoverboard in the market today.
World's most powerful 42" electric longboard - Voyager
Latest Addition to SwagTron Electric Skateboards!
With dual 350 watt motors the Voyager can go up to 30 miles per hour (speed safety governor limits to 15 mph), goes 15 miles on one charge, and handles weights up to 330lbs. It is the full sized 42" professional longboard that is the real deal. Go for it with a $10 discount (use coupon code swag-1163A91NDSS) here.
This is Swagboard!
It's hard to imagine that this skateboard has an electric motor powering it. And that it will go at 11 MPH, and 10 miles per charge. And that it has the ultra-safe patented Sentry Shield Battery System! And it's just $199 + you get $10 discount with special coupon code swag-1163A391NDSS
The Next Gen Electric Skateboard with alloy encased Sentry Shield Battery System is here – the Swagboard!
Truly, you ain’t done nothing, if you haven’t tried the Swagboard – check out this new sensation here!
The brilliantly crafted Swagboard™ is everything you love about a skateboard, re-imagined for the future. This futuristic masterpiece is made from a 7-ply Canadian maple wood deck, durable polyurethane wheels, and solid grip tape. It’s powered by a 24V, Li-On Fe battery, featuring the ultra-safe patented SentryShield™ battery system. A wireless remote for it displays its charge any time you want to check it. Ride up to 11 MPH or just go on cruise control. It will take you up to 10 miles on a single charge. Get on to the future with the Swagboard!
Swagboard electric skateboard review.
SWAGGER - WORLD’S LIGHTEST CARBON FIBER POWERED ELECTRIC SCOOTER BY SWAGTRON
This best-in-class electric scooter is easily one of the best in the world right now. Uses all the SwagTron amazing tech and then some more.
Read review here! Its main highlights are:
Ultra strong scooter frame handles up to 250 lbs - so great for kids and adults! • UL 2272 certified and goes up to 15 miles on a single charge - charging time is just 1.5 hours • The Swagger's display is back-lit and has a speedometer, odometer, battery management • Convenient built-in cruise control that means - simple speed controls and comfortable easy riding • Stylish and modern designs, sleek and cool looks - Ultra Lightweight carbon fiber make - weighs just 15lbs • Easy storage and transportation with collapsible frame and removable handles • A super useful 3 gearing levels - delivering precise speed control
Get your Swagger with a $10 discount using coupon code swag-1163A391NDSS - click here!
HOW TO BUY THE SAFEST AND BEST HOVERBOARD
The US Govt. agency, Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC), announced early in 2016 that only UL 2272 certified hoverboards are safe and can be legally sold in the US. Today all hoverboards sold on Amazon.com are UL2272 certified. IMPORTANT: BUY ONLY UL 2272 hoverboards else there is a danger of fire.
Although all of them are all UL 2272 self balancing scooters listed on Amazon, but the SwagTrons are the world's only electric scooters to have passed the UL 10-ton battery crush test thanks to the patented Sentry Shield Battery System. The SwagTrons were also the world's first UL 2272 certified two-wheel self balancing hoverboards.
Sentry Shield Battery System
UL 2272 Testing Video
If you buy the SwagTron T1 and SwagTron T3 from the official company website, you get a special $10 discount with our coupon code. DISCOUNT CODE: swag-1163A391NDSS to use at check out from www.swagtron.com
SwagTron T1 for $399 $389 - Copy Coupon code: swag-1163A391NDSS and paste coupon code on check-out at the SwagTron website.
SwagTron T3 for $499 $489 - Copy Coupon code: swag-1163A391NDSS and paste coupon code on check-out at the SwagTron website.
Choosing between the SwagTron T1 and SwagTron T3 is easy if you know what you want. Read below to get a better idea of how to choose between the two SwagTron models.
Why choose SwagTron T1
The Swagtron T1 is the standard model, and brings you a UL 2272 hoverboard with the best safety, performance and quality at a reasonable price of $ 399 ($389 with our discount coupon). If you want a safe, solid hoverboard then choose this one. The T1 has the Sentry Shield Battery System, the Smart Battery Management System and everything else that the T3 has, except for bells and whistles like the high quality Bluetooth speakers, smartphone app and a few other features. The T1 will be the more popular of the two for most hoverboard buyers.
Go for the T1 if you want a fantastic UL 2272 certified board at an affordable price.
Why choose SwagTron T3
The SwagTron T3 is the fully loaded hoverboard. It is for those who want everything in their hoverboard. Advanced users should go in for the T3. It has high quality Bluetooth speakers, a smartphone App that streams your music and opens a third riding mode - Pro mode. This mode enables faster speeds and more freedom for expert riders. It also has a built-in carry strap, enhanced charge indicator lights, and looks that are way ahead of other hoverboards. It is priced at $499 ($489 with our discount coupon) which is $100 more than the T1.
Finally, it is a choice between a great hoverboard (T1) and the ultimate hoverboard (T3).
Read a detailed comparison between the SwagTron T1 and T3 here.
Ready to check them out? Amazon's 30 day return policy is always reassuring. Click on the price or the image to check out the SwagTrons or the Segway miniPRO or the Hoverzons on Amazon.
Want to read detailed reviews of the SwagTron T1 and SwagTron T3? Just click on the links or the images below:
7 vital tips for buying a good safe hoverboard or mini segway
1. If you want a guaranteed safe hoverboard, make sure it is UL 2272 approved – best UL 2272 approved hoverboards
2. If you want to be certain about the 30 day return policy, buy from Amazon.com - best hoverboards available on Amazon
3. If you want good customer service, make sure the Hoverboard Brand has an office in the United States
4. If you are a first timer, make sure the hoverboard has a learner mode and it reduces the maximum speed and footpad sensitivity
5. If you want to ride the hoverboard on rough surfaces too, like grass and uneven ground, buy a 10 inch wheel hoverboard - best 10 inch wheel hoverboard
6. If you want clear hoverboard specifications and instructions, make sure they come with a proper instruction booklet
7. If you want to ensure complete safety while riding make sure your weight and age are appropriate by the hoverboard - most hoverboards support a maximum of around 100 to 120 kgs rider weight and require a minimum of 20 kgs rider weight, the recommended riding age is above 12 without supervision and 8 years to 12 years with parental supervision (a child below 8 years may not be able to properly assess and control the sensitive footpads of the hoverboards).
We hope these 7 tips help you to choose the right hoverboard for yourself or for your child.
HERE'S OUR CHOICE OF THE BEST HOVERBOARD IN THE WORLD,
WHICH IS ALSO ONE OF THE MOST AFFORDABLE!
It is the greatest hoverboard on planet earth right now, so if you're planning to get one, the SwagTron T3 is IT!
Irresistible, Unbelievable, Incomparable!
It is probably the best, safest and most advanced hoverboard or mini Segway in the world today, the SwagTron T3. The first UL 2272 certified hoverboards int eh world, the SwagTrons are leagues ahead of any other hoverboard in the market. Launched by Swagway which has now been renamed to SwagTron, this hoverboard is everyone’s dream come true.
The world’s first hoverboard to pass the new UL 2272 standard for hoverboards, it has a host of safety features that are unparalleled in the world today. The only other personal transportation electric scooter to have the UL 2272 certification is the Segway MiniPro at $999, which has a knee control handle bar and is not a true handle-bar-less two wheel hoverboard. Moreover, the price of the SwagTron T3 is slightly less than half of it, at just $499. If you like the idea of an easier to control self balancing board, then you can check out the Segway MiniPRO.
All SwagTron hoverboards for sale – Click image to get the full impact of colors and to easily make a choice
SwagTron T3 - BLUE
For Full Impact
SwagTron T3 - DARK RED
For Full Impact
SwagTron T3 - WHITE
For Full Impact
SwagTron T3 - PINK
For Full Impact
SwagTron T3 - GOLD
For Full Impact
SwagTron T3 - BLACK
For Full Impact
SwagTron T1 - BLUE
For Full Impact
SwagTron T1 - DARK RED
For Full Impact
SwagTron T1 - WHITE
For Full Impact
SwagTron T1 - PINK
For Full Impact
SwagTron T1 - GOLD
For Full Impact
SwagTron T1 - BLACK
For Full Impact
Choosing between SwagTron T3 and SwagTron T1? Check out this comprehensive comparison chart!
UL 2272 certification
UL 2271 battery certification
10-ton battery crush test passed
Smart Battery Management System
Sentry Shield Battery System
Safe Stop Technology
Aluminum Chamber for Battery
FCC, CE, RoHs certified
UL certified charger
Prop 65 California certified
Easier learning mode
Dual Independent Motor Gear Control
Downhill Traction feature
Fire-retardant Silicone Coating
Special Fire-Retardant ABS body
Wider non-slip foot pedals
Fire-proof material foot pedals
Top speed of 8 miles per hour
Free Shipping in US
1 Year Warranty
In-built Carry Strap
Stylized Futuristic Looks
Third riding mode - Pro Mode
Five Level Battery Charge Indicator
Advanced Smartphone App
High Quality BlueTooth Speakers
$10 DISCOUNT COUPON CODE: swag-1163A391NDSS
USE $10 DISCOUNT COUPON CODE; swag-1163A391NDSS
USE $10 DISCOUNT COUPON CODE; swag-1163A391NDSS
The SwagTron T3’s most powerful safety feature is the patented SentryShield battery system which has its own UL 2271 classification. SentryShield is a multi-layer battery protection system that encases the battery in a special fire-proof and damage-proof aluminum case. It is this SentryShield battery system of the SwagTron that has made it the world’s first hoverboard and the only self-balancing scooter product to pass UL’s original 10-ton battery crush test. It also has a special fire-retardant body, and many other safety features and enhancements, that we will discuss next.
SwagTron launches in Times Square, New York - Ready to rock the world!
Swagway has truly been an industry leader and has invested its resources into extensive research and development to set a new unprecedented standard for safety, performance and function for the entire hoverboard or the self-balancing scooter industry.
SwagTron T3 exhaustive features and enhancements
Let us have a close look at what all the SwagTron T3 offers.
World’s First UL 2272 two-wheel balance board or hoverboard
Underwriter’s Laboratories or UL is the leading lobal safety and quality certification agency which has been in existence for over 14o years. It is the foremost certification adns atndsards organization I the United States and has been the definitive standard for safety in every industry for more than a century. It developed the comprehensive, rigorous and extremely difficult to achieve UL 2272 standard for safety and quality in self-balancing electric boards after the widespread fire hazard incidents across the United States. The CPSC the US Govt. agency, the Consumer Products Safety Commission announced that all hoverboards in the United States are unsafe unless they are UL 2272 certified, and since then there has been a blanket ban of import of non UL 2272 hoverboards into the United States.
SwagTron is the world’s first two-wheel self-balancing personal transportation electric board to have achieve the UL 2272 certification, and its SwagTron T3 is the personification of safety, performance, function and the very highest standards of quality. It is truly the safest and most advanced hoverboard in the world today. It is also the world's first self-balancing scooter approved under the UL label to retail in the USA.
State-of-the-art Smart Battery Management System – Smart BMS
The Smart Battery Management System of the SwagTron T3 is a unique and comprehensive battery management system that constantly monitors overvoltage, temperature increases, overcharging of the battery, overcurrent and short circuit protection. It is a very strong protection by itself, against battery over-charging and short circuits.
Patented SwagTron Sentry Shield™ multi-layer battery protection
The SentryShield battery system is an air-tight aluminum chamber that encases the lithium-ion battery. It is not only a powerful protection against any fire, it also protects the battery from any damage. It is a multilayer battery protection system that has its own UL 2271 certification. This SentryShield battery system is also the reason why the SwagTron is the world’s first self-balancing electric board to pass the original UL 10-ton battery crush test.
Sealed Circuit Boards and connectors and Silicone Coating for making it fire-retardant
The SwagTron has multiple safety features, especially against fire. In a first for hoverboards, the SwagTron has sealed circuit boards and connectors and has a fire-retardant coating on all internal components. This is yet another feature that makes the SwagTron the safest hoverboard in the world today.
Enhanced Stabilization and dual independent motor and gear control for an easier ride
SwagTron T3 boasts an upgraded dual independent motor and gear stabilization which translates into much better and sturdier control of the hoverboard. This same stabilization has also been incorporated into the learning mode making it easier for beginners to learn how to ride the hoverboard. Another additional feature is the Downhill Traction feature that enables smoother and controlled downhill movement of the hoverboard. This upgraded and advanced Downhill Traction prevents the hoverboard from speeding up when going downhill and improves the overall riding experience. This enhanced dual independent motor and gear control also improves the high speed use of the hoverboard.
Incombustible outer shell made from polycarbonate that is also light weight
The proprietary polycarbonate shell of the SwagTron is another amazing feature that works to remove and fire safety issues. The body of the SwagTron T3 is made of a material that is incombustible and fire retardant, yet it is light and strong. It is made from a proprietary polycarbonate material identified through extensive research by Swagway. This material is also durable, sturdy and long lasting.
Wider non-slip foot pads with improved grip which are also flame-retardant
Along with a host of other enhancements and far more advanced hardware and software, even the foot pads of the SwagTron have been upgraded to the next level. The foot pads are now wider, and have been specially made nom-slip providing a better overall grip. This means you will have even better control as there will be no slipping of your footwear, when you use the SwagTron T3’s enhanced grip wider foot pads. And over all of these improvements the foot pads are also flame retardant.
Open wheel and enhanced traction tires
The SwagTron T3 features open wheels which means that there is better wheel rotation clearance and also maintenance is easier. The tires of the SwagTron are also made of a superior material which gives extra traction to the smart balance board. The SwagTron also features high grade aluminum wheels to add to the many other enhancements.
Not two, but three riding modes – Learner, Standard and Pro
The SwagTron T3 comes with not two but three riding modes. There is the learner mode in which speed is reduced and stabilization is increased to help learners to ride the hoverboard with greater ease and control. In the Learner mode the sensitivity of the foot pads is also lower so that the first-timers can get used to maneuvering it before getting into the Standard mode. In the Standard mode the hoverboard’s speed goes up to normal and it gets reset to the regular settings of foot pad sensitivity, stabilization, speed etc.
A third mode is available through the SwagTron smartphone App, which open the Pro mode. In the Pro mode the built-in speed restriction of the hoverboard are removed. Thus there is no restriction of speed, and expert and pro hoverboard riders can enjoy the full power and performance of the SwagTron T3.
Environment Friendly and with all safety and quality certifications including the definitive UL 2272
The SwagTron is a zero emissions product, environment friendly and has every safety and quality certification that is needed for self-balancing electric scooters. It is UL 2272 certified, and it has all required environmental standards and certifications including UN38.3, FCC, CE, RohS and Prop 65. The SwagTron T3 is truly the hoverboard of the future and for the future.
What the Certifications mean:
The FCC certification states that an electronic item is approved for use in the US, and it is awarded by the Federal Communications Commission.
The CE mark implies that the product conforms to relevant European quality standards.
RoHS is a very important European Standard and stands for Restriction of Hazardous Substances. All electronics sold in Europe have to be RoHS compliant.
The UN38.3 is a United Nations set standard for Li-ion or lithium ion batteries.
Prop. 65 is the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. It is a Proposition that protects the state's drinking water sources from being contaminated with harmful chemicals.
Brand new multi-featured SwagTron App for Android and iOS smartphones
The SwagTron T3 also has a brand new App which enables the third Pro mode to be activated. The Pro mode removes all speed restrictions for seasoned riders. This new SwagTron App also has many other features and add-ons. It enables riders to check route history, monitor your battery status details closely, set routes and much more.
BlueTooth quad speakers
The SwagTron T2 has robust BlueTooth quad speakers on the underside which will enable you to stream music from your mobile device, so that you can enjoy your music as you glide along on the world’s most advanced and safest hoverboard, the SwagTron T3.
Color-coded LED lights
The stylish new SwagTron has distinct looks and also has color-coded Led lights that illuminate to indicate movement.
Enhanced Five Level battery Indicator
To bring in never before levels of functional enhancements, the battery indicator on the SwagTron T3 has a five level indicator panel, which will give the rider a much clearer idea of the level of battery.
Built-in Carry Strap for instant and hassle-free carrying convenience
On the underside of the SwagTron T3 is a built-in carry strap made of a high quality enhanced strength fabric that will allow you to carry it with never before ease. Now you simply need to pick it up by the carry strap under it to carry it along whenever needed. No need to put it into a bag or hold it uncomfortably with both hands, just grab the carry strap and take it up the stairs or anywhere you need to go.
Standard 1 Year Warranty on Parts and Labor
The 1 year warranty has always been a standard with Swagway and with the SwagTron along with the 1 year standard parts warranty there is also a general 1 year labor warranty. Like the original Swagway hoverboards, this safer, lighter, smoother and smarter SwagTron T3 always comes with a 1 year manufacturer warranty. A 1 month Returns Policy is also in place to enable refunds incase the product has a defect. The SwagTron website states – “30 Day Limited Return Policy: Item must be in new/unused condition. Restocking Fees may apply.”
Free Shipping in the United States
The SwagTron T3 will ship free within the United States and will reach you very quickly. Here is a detailed map indicating how long it will take for the free shipping to bring your SwagTron T3 home. The SwagTron T3 box will contain the T3 Hands Free Smart Board, its high quality UL certified AC Charging Adapter and a SwagTron T3 Owner's Manual.
Colors, dimensions and details
The SwagTron T3 is available in Black, White, Red, Blue, Pink and Gold colors, and its dimensions are – Height - 4 inches, Width23 inches and Depth - 7 inches. It weighs 22 pounds (10 kgs) and has a maximum speed of 8 miles per hour and can travel up to 20 miles per charge. Its carrying capacity is 220 pounds (100 kgs). It has a high quality safety tested and UL certified Lithium-Ion Battery.
Specifications at a glance
Number Of Wheels - 2
Batteries Included - Yes
Battery Charger Included - Yes
Rechargeable Battery - Yes
Battery Type - Lithium-ion
Maximum Speed - 8 miles per hour
Maximum Weight Capacity - 220 pounds
Colors - Black, White, Red, Blue, Pink and Gold
Height - 4 inches
Width - 23 inches
Depth - 7 inches
Weight - 22 pounds
Parts - 1 Year
Labor - 1 Year
Price and Super Exclusive Discount Coupon
The SwagTron T3 will be available for sale online very soon, and it is priced at $499. You will get a super exclusive discount by using our Discount Coupon Code: swag-1163A391NDSS
You can read about the SwagTron T1 here.
Watch a video of the SwagTron T1!
Bluetooth Speakers to rock your hoverboard ride!
(only in SwagTron T3)
Increased stabilization, non-slip footpads, stablized learning mode & lots more!
Want to read the detailed SwagTron review?
SO WHAT HAS THE HOVERBOARD BEEN UP TO!
The two wheeled hoverboard burst into the scene in 2015, and caught the imagination of young and old alike, and then all of sudden literally started to burst into flames. During Christmas 2015, it was the hottest gift around, with a hoverboard flying off the shelves of eBay every 10 seconds. A lot happened since then, including the world's first UL 2272 certified hoverboards the SwagTrons, getting launched. Here's the story so far...
What made the hoverboards instantly popular was a host of celebrities endorsing and riding them, right from Justin Bieber to Jamie Foxx to Wiz Khalifa to Russel Crowe. There are literally hundreds of celebrities right now who are showing off their hoverboards.
After this initial wild craze, slowly some reports of hoverboards related fires started to come in. The fires were caused by hoverboards bursting into flames while charging or while being used. Soon it was happening everywhere. Every other day a hoverboard was bursting into flames, mostly because of low quality components like the battery and the battery charger, in the cheaper Chinese hoverboards. The US Govt. took notice and corrective action began with the US Customs seizing thousands of hoverboards. Next the Consumer Products Safety Commission, CPSC, announced that all hoverboards in the US were unsafe. Continue reading...
… (Contd.) SO WHAT HAS THE HOVERBOARD BEEN UP TO!
Meanwhile the big hoverboard brands like Swagway were in close discussion with UL, Underwriters Laboratories, to create new standards for the hoverboard industry. UL has been testing products and materials since 1894 through their 'exacting scientific processes and the highest ethical principles to deliver trusted results'. There was a lot of blame, counter blame and confusion, but after a while UL came out with the new standards for electric self balancing scooters or hoverboards, called the UL 2272.
Right after the safety standards were set, Segway lodged a complaint that most hoverboards were infringing their patents. The US International Trade Commission announced a general exclusion order, wherein any personal transporter that infringes upon their patents cannot enter the US. Thus the import of hoverboards was banned.
This brings us to the present day, where Swagway has taken the lead in the race to bring out the next generation hoverboard, the Swagtron. It has launched and is now available here.
This is the turning point where every American will be able to enjoy this amazing personal transportation device without any fire, safety or legal fears. From this point onward, the hoverboard phenomenon will only continue to grow and shine… so why not go and have a look at the amazing SwagTron hoverboards!
The thrill and freedom of riding a hoverboard is something else altogether. More and more Americans are getting on to this new personal transportation phenomenon.
As the industry evolves, safer and superior hoverboards are coming in to the US market. Leading hoverboard brand Swagway was working with UL to come up with industry standards for hoverboard safety and quality. They have already come up with the next generation SwagTron hoverboard which is a fire-retardant hoverboard.
The hoverboard is essentially an electrically powered two wheeled personal transportation device that uses gyroscope technology for balance and motion. There are many other hands-free electrically powered boards and scooters available, but the most popular and the coolest one is the two-wheel self-balancing hoverboard.
The are many reasons for the hoverboard’s popularity – a whole brigade of celebrities shared videos flaunting their hoverboards, they are relatively affordable, of a convenient size, amazingly fun once you get used to it (which takes all of fifteen minutes), an attention grabber if you’re riding one in public and finally they are totally cool.
30 HOVERBOARD SAFETY & BUYING TIPS to make your hoverboarding experience awesome
There have been several incidents of fire, injury and damage, connected to hoverboards, but you can avoid all of this and have a super safe and enjoyable hoverboarding experience by following some safety and buying guidelines.
- As a general thumb rule, if any hoverboard is below $300, then don’t go in for it.
- It is highly advised to check that the hoverboard has a branded battery like Samsung or LG.
- The larger the wheel size, the more stable the hoverboard, so try to choose one with 8 inches plus wheel size.
- Check if they will ship it from the US or from China. If they ship it from the US, you will get it much faster.
- Read up about the specifications and make sure the hoverboard will support your weight.
- Try and buy it from Amazon as they have a strict quality and safety certifications policy, and Amazon has stopped low quality hoverboards from being listed on their site. Please note that currently Amazon is not selling any hoverboards, so an equally safe and reliable option would be to buy from the Swagway website.
- Buying it from Amazon will also ensure that a defective product can be returned as per Amazon’s policies.
- Try to choose a hoverboard that has a low battery indicator and better still that slows down automatically when the battery is low. A rider can be thrown off if the battery suddenly dies while the hoverboard is in use. This is a standard feature in most hoverboards, but there is no harm to be sure.
- Ensure that he charger unit has proper safety certifications, as most cases of fire in hoverboards is because of overcharging. You will find some good hoverboard chargers here.
- Try to find out if the hoverboard automatically cuts off charging when the battery is fully charged and whether it gives a clear indication of it or not.
- Use protective strips on the wheel covers of the hoverboard as it gets scratched and damaged the most. You can check out some good hoverboard bumper protectors here.
- When getting off the hoverboard, don’t jump off or get off quickly, this may cause you to fall and will also cause damage to the hoverboard as it will roll several times before coming to a stop. The right way to get off is to make the hoverboard stationary and then casually step off.
- When you are using the hoverboard for the first time, then try it out on short cut grass or a carpet so that you do not get hurt in case of a fall.
- It is advised that you wear a helmet, knee pads and elbow guards when you are using the hoverboard the first few times, to avoid any kind of injury. Choose from the top hoverboard saftey helmets here.
- To get on the hoverboard for the first time, keep these points in mind – (i) Place your dominant foot first ii) Lightly step on to it with the other foot, and at first stand calmly and quite still (iii) If someone is standing near you, take their support to get on and get off (iv) Try to only keep your balance and the hoverboard almost stationary in your first few attempts (v) If there is a beginner mode in the hoverboard, put it on (vi) Once you get used to standing still on the hoverboard, gently lean forward, and the hoverboard will move forward (vii) Remember to only slightly lean in the direction that you want to go to, that is enough (viii) Do not make any hard or sudden position changes, just lean in the direction you want to go towards (ix) Let the hoverboard do most of the work, and you will get a hang of it (x) Learn to slow it down and make it stop before taking it out (xi) The hardest part is getting on and getting off, practice that the most (xii) After some time it will become quite intuitive and easy. Here is a detailed guide about how to ride the hoverboard, including diagrams.
- To ensure that the hoverboard you purchased is safe for you or your child, you will need to open the cover of the hoverboard, by using a regular screwdriver to unscrew about 15-20 screws. After that check for the following: (i) There are electrical circuit boards inside the hoverboard, usually one big one and two small ones. If they are green or blue then they are of good quality, if they are yellow it indicates a cheap and unsafe circuit board. (ii) Take a close look at the battery pack, and check if it is a branded one like Samsung, LG etc. If not check the specifications and the general make of the battery. If it looks tacky and the specifications are not complete, then it is an inferior and potentially unsafe battery. (iii) Check to see if the biggest circuit board and the battery are on opposite sides, as they are the two components that create the most heat. (iv) If the box in which your hoverboard came in is garishly designed with bright colours and has no clear branding only large text saying something like ‘Smart Balance Wheels’ or ‘Smart Balance Board’, and the instructions booklet is poorly written and designed with unclear instructions, you should not use that hoverboard. Read more about it here.
- Hoverboards with LED lights are more visible in the night to cars and other commuters, and therefore preferable.
- The body of the hoverboard is easily scratched, so it is advised to use protective coverings, decals etc., which are easily available on Amazon and ebay. You can also use rubber bumper protectors for your new hoverboard. Check out the best hoverboard accessories here.
- Keep the hoverboard switched off when charging
- It is a good idea to touch the hoverboard and check if it is heating up when charging
- Do not leave the hoverboard for charging overnight or when you are away, charge it when you are awake and can check on it often, to stop it when the battery gets fully charged
- Make sure that there is no legislation in your area concerning battery operated scooters. You are not allowed to use a hoverboard in New York city if its maximum speed is more than 15 miles per hour. California is about to amend its transport laws to allow hoverboards to be used in sidewalks and cycling paths.
- Though your hoverboard can withstand a splash, it is not waterproof, as most have a waterproof rating of IP54. So stay away from places where there is water or using it outdoors when it is raining. Some high-end hoverboards are waterproof and that should be clearly checked with the manufacturer.
- Ensure that the hoverboard you are buying has all required quality and safety certifications, especially from Underwriters Laboratories. Certifications to check for are – UN 38.3 (battery), UL 1642 (battery), and UL 60950-1 (charger), FCC, RoHS, CE. The US Govt. agency CPSC (Consumer Products Safety Commission) has stated that all hoverboards must be UL 2272 certified to be sold in the US. You can read about UL 2272 here.
- The hoverboards are susceptible to hot and cold temperatures so it is advised to keep it in a moderate temperature area when charging
- The hoverboard uses lithium-ion batteries, the same batteries that are found in our cellphones. These lithinum-ion batteries can puncture, overheat or explode if they suffer an impact. So, if while riding, your hoverboard hits something or crashes into anything, just observe it carefully for some time to ensure that nothing has gone wrong with the battery, and only then get back on to it. In fact, don’t drop it, kick it, or hit sharp objects with it, as although highly unlikely, it could damage the separator sheets in the battery pack and cause a fire.
- If you are planning to go off road with your hoverboard choose one with a bigger wheel size, 8 inches or 10 inches, as these larger wheels can handle uneven surface and bumps better.
- If your hoverboard has smaller wheels, around 6 inches, then it is advisable to ride slowly over uneven surfaces, especially if there is a chance of the wheel coming off the ground at a higher speed, and then pitching the rider forward when it regains contact with the ground. This could happen if you are riding over a cobbled pavement or walkway. Thus, hoverboard users should ride slowly over uneven surfaces, even at walking pace, to ensure that they stay balanced and safe.
- If you have bought a hoverboard online and on receiving it found out that is clearly not safe and is of a low quality, then you should be able to return it within a period of 14 days. All online sales are usually covered by the Consumer Contracts Regulations, and as per law, from the moment that you made the purchase until 14 days after you receive your item, you are eligible for a full refund. You will need to contact the seller within this 14 day period and ask for a refund, preferable with emails which have been safely stored in your mail box. If you aren’t able to return it then you may want to buy a fire-proof hoverboard charging bag, which you will find in the Top 10 Best Hoverboard Bags list here.
- If you do decide to buy one of the cheaper hoverboards, then get an external warranty plan, so that your money is safe if the hoverboard goes kaput. You will find the Top 5 Hoverboard Extended Protection Plans here, and also on the Swagway website. Also if your hoverboard doesn’t come from a reputable vendor, purchase an external universal charger to use in place of the one provided with the hoverboard.
WHERE DO YOU WANT TO GO?
SwagTron T3 Detailed In-depth Review with $10 Discount Coupon
SwagTron T1 Detailed In-depth Review with $10 Discount Coupon
All SwagTron models colours full display together
The SwagTron T1 from Swagway is finally here, what we have all been waiting for! It was first showcased in CES 2016, in January and was slated for launch in February or March, but as it happens, circumstances caused a delay. But now it is here, and it is going to take the whole world by storm.
It is the world’s first hoverboard with the UL 2271 listed SentryShield battery system. That makes the SwagTron T1 the safest hoverboard available today.
If you are totally excited by the launch of the SwagTron (as we are) and can’t wait, just pre-order it right now from here.
TO READ MORE, GO TO POST…
Best hoverboard to buy in 2017 – Post launch of UL 2272 hoverboards like SwagTron
A brief history of hoverboards
The very brief history of the hoverboard has been no less tumultuous than that of nations whose history goes back hundreds of years. Let us take an imaginary nation and start with its birth many centuries back, and compare it with the two-wheeled hoverboard first appearing in the United States.
It began with early settlers finding a fertile valley, where they built a small hamlet. The same period in the history of the hoverboard, saw the idea of a two-wheeled self-balancing hoverboard taking shape, and early adopters taking to it.
With plenty of food and water, the settlement began to grow. This was the time when the hoverboard started to get noticed, and around end 2014 and beginning 2015 more and more people started to buy them. As the colony expanded, people from other areas started to migrate to the bustling new settlement. The new sensation, the self-balancing personal transportation device, began to draw crowds.
The young and vibrant nation saw dynamic rulers and leaders emerge, who began to expand the boundaries of this settlement. With hoverboards it was the time when celebrities, music stars and social media stars began to use and flaunt their hoverboards, and more and more people began to buy into them. The community grew, there was prosperity, the nation proliferated and population began to increase rapidly. With Chinese manufacturers spotting the opportunity, hoverboards were entering USA in the millions and they were getting lapped up even faster. The true hoverboard phenomenon had taken hold.
TO READ MORE, GO TO THE POST…
Infographic of SwagTron hoverboard which will tell you in a glance why it is the world’s best hoverboard today.
It is the world’s first UL 2272 approved hoverboard and it has the patented Sentry Shield Battery System that is UL 2271 listed, but it has a total of 30 highlights, enhancements, safety features and functional advantages that make it the best hoverboard in the world.
After looking at the SwagTron Infographic, if you like what you see, you can pick up the SwagTron with a $10 discount right from here, using the Discount Code – swag-1163A391NDSS
TO READ MORE, GO TO THE POST…