Choose your Tactical Belt carefully, your life may depend on it!
Before you buy a tactical belt, you better know how to pick the right one for yourself
A tactical belt is a very vital part of your tactical gear, as it will hold and secure some critical things. When you choose a tactical belt there are several things you have to keep in mind. Will you be using it for a gun or for magazines or for a tactical flashlight or your regulation equipment.
For some of you having the right kind of magazine pouch attached to it is very important, and for some of you the load bearing capacity will be of very high importance. Tactical belts are made of high tensile strength material and are much tougher than regular belts. Their thickness is also usually more, which poses a problem with whether they will go through your trouser belt buckles or not. This is a point to be kept in mind when choosing a tactical belt.
Some tactical belts come with buckles that can be removed and then reattached after the belt has been put through the loops of your trouser. Essentially the tactical belt will allow you to confidently and effectively carry those tactical things that you need, from a gun to a multitool. It could be for someone to do their patrol duty or as an inconspicuous CCW wear belt for a holster.
Check out our selection of top Tactical Belts here
Tactical belts need to be robust and strong and at the same time they need to have the adaptability to integrate with your other tactical gear. Your tactical belt should be carefully designed, have solid build quality providing load carrying capacity and deliver vertical rigidity. And of course it needs to be comfortable.
Tactical belts are used by most people to carry extra load from a concealed weapon to tools to other tactical gear. It is used by police officers, fire fighters, military personnel, security personnel and also emergency medical services personnel.
Good tactical belt is marked by a high quality craftsmanship and much greater tensile strength, and also being compatible with other gear like magazine pouches, tactical equipment etc. A very critical factor about the tactical belt is reliability and being secure.
You need your tactical belt and the gear it carries to be within hand’s reach at all times, and in many cases you need the gear including a weapon at the place you expect it to be. A stylish and comfortable tactical belt that offers all of this will be a good choice.
The ideal tactical belt will be stylish enough that you can wear it when you are in casual attire, yet it should be tough and reliable in a situation where you need to use your tactical gear or other equipment.
Important things to look for in a tactical belt
Your tactical belt must be strong and should be able to effectively distribute the weight of the gear you are carrying. Most tactical belts are reinforced so that it remains stiff, and does not curl up or buckle with weight.
Look for a tactical belt with the right width. Your tactical belt must work with the tactical gear you will use with it, be it a holster or a magazine pouch. Also think about whether it needs to go into the loops of your trousers. A typical width of tactical belts is from 1.25 inches to 2 inches.
Airport Security Ready buckles are made of plastic so that you do not need to take them off at the security check. This may be an important consideration for you.
Choose a tactical belt that is stiff and strong, many are reinforced with a liner which makes them stronger. When the belt is rigid and stiff, the weight gets evenly distributed and it stays in place so that you can reach for your concealed weapon or gear at the exact place you expect it to be.
The buckle of the belt is important as it will hold the belt up and keep it in place with all the weight it holds.
Keep all these points in mind when choosing a tactical belt.
Best Tactical Belts to buy today
1. Fairwin Tactical Belt
- Nice Gift Package, Durable webbing belt, Quick - release buckle. Your Best Choice!
- You can even email any issues to their customer care email id: email@example.com
- Tactical Belt Length - 49 inch, Width:1.5 inch, fit for waist up to 42 inch. Buckle Size: 2in width and 5/16in thickness.
- Heavy Duty Metal Buckle - This tactical belt features a military belt buckle made from heavy-duty metal.
- Quick Release - Intuitive and smooth quick release functionality when you push the golden tabs down at the same time. If just one tab is engaged, the connection will still hold and fully re-lock on its own.
- Quality Nylon Belt - Made from 1000 D environmental friendly nylon material, soft and comfortable for daily use.
- Perfect Service - 2-year quality warranty. 30-day hassle free return policy.
Last update on 2020-02-20 at 01:17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
2. WYuZe Pack of 2 Nylon Tactical Belts
- One purchase for 2 pack black nylon belts. Premium nylon webbing, lightweight, soft, flexible, sturdy and durable, sweat absorption and dry fast. Suitable for daily wearing with all pants, and outdoor heavy duty work or sports. A good gift for your friend and relatives!
- NON-METAL BELT: Well-designed men's nylon web belt with YKK plastic buckle. Travel-friendly Non-Metal construction, Nickel Free, Non-Allergic. Allow you to be able to go through a metal detector or airport security without having to take it off.
- MILITARY TACTICAL BELT: Strong enough to withstand 500Kg weight no deformation. Ideal for police, firefighters, CCW, security guards, electricians and utility workers in need of a great duty belt to carry tools or weapons. Also great for paintball and airsoft gear!
- ADJUSTABLE WEBBING BELT: 100% Nylon web belt, 1.5 inch wide belt. Holeless belt and removable buckles that it's easy to trim it to size. Belts for men waistline girth below 42 inch.
- Lifetime guaranteed refund policy.
Last update on 2020-01-07 at 19:36 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
3. 5.11 TDU Tactical Belt
- 100% nylon constructed tactical belt with top reviews.
- Imported with top quality materials and workmanship.
- Non-metallic, low profile plastic buckle, that does not draw any attention to itself.
- Heavy duty 1.5
Last update on 2019-12-20 at 09:46 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
4. Fairwin Tactical V-Ring Rigger Belt
- Packed in a Gift Box, to make it easy to gift it to anyone.
- Special V-ring Rigger Belt - This Military grade belt has a one second quick-release buckle, which makes it even better as a tactical belt.
- The size of this tactical belt is precise at Length: 53 inches(135cm), Width: 1.5 inches (3.8cm). It will fit waists of size 42 inches to 46 inches. The buckle size is 2.4 inches (6cm) in width and 5/16 inches (8mm) in thickness.
- especially heavy duty design - This web belt attached a military buckle made by heavy-duty metal and a convenient V-ring for attachment of gears and accessories. Max bearing weight 1100lb/500kg. Widely used for military training or outdoor camping expedition.
- Quick Release Buckle - Intuitive and smooth quick release functionality when you push the golden tabs down at the same time. If just one tab is engaged, the connection will still hold and fully re-lock on its own.
- Excellent material High Quality Nylon - This tactical belt is made of high strength, fast-dry eco-friendly 1000D nylon material. It’s breathable and very comfortable for daily use.
- Comes with a 2 years warranty for the products, 60-day hassle free return.
Last update on 2019-12-20 at 09:46 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
5. Fairwin Tactical Belt for Men
- This is a high quality Military grade tactical belt designed for all kinds of tactical activities.
- The dimensions of this belt are as follows: Length: 49 inch (125cm), Width: 1.5 inch (3.8cm), Buckle Size: 2.4 inches (6cm) width & 5/16 inches (8mm) thickness.
- This belt has a heavy duty design with a heavy duty metal buckle making it ideal for using for military training and outdoor activities. Its maximum load bearing capacity is 1100lbs / 500kgs.
- For enhancing the properties of this tactical belt, it has a one second quick release functionality. As soon as you push the golden tabs simultaneously, the buckle is released.
- For the best quality, this tactical belt is made of high strength, fast-dry eco-friendly 1000D nylon..
- This is an intuitive and comfortable tactical belt that is perfect for daily use.
- It offers a solid 2 years warranty, with 60-days hassle free return.
Last update on 2020-02-20 at 01:17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
6. CONDOR Tactical Belt
- A cool looking and solid tactical belt, the Condor Tactical Belt is made from high quality nylon. The belt is strong and sturdy yet it is lightweight and very comfortable.
- Designed to be an efficient tactical gun belt, it also features two removable magazine pouches.
- This tactical belt fastens with a quick release buckle. Even the two magazine pouches have quick release pouches.
- The rivets of this tactical belt are designed for anything you need, from storing holsters, flashlights, an alice clip to anything else that you may need in your endeavors.
- The belt also features additional retainer loops. These can be very useful to hold extra equipment like a medical pack a water bottle or other items you may need.
- This tactical belt is adjustable, and very ergonomically designed, so that you can comfortably wear it all day long.
- It has an adjustable waist of up to 44 inches in size.
- The width of this belt is 2 inches
Last update on 2020-01-13 at 20:28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
7. JASGOOD Pack of 2 Nylon Tactical Belts
- When you purchase this tactical belt, you receive two black nylon belts. They make a great gift for someone who uses tactical belts, a great idea during the Christmas gifting season too.
- These tactical belts are made from premium nylon webbing, lightweight, soft, flexible, sturdy and durable, sweat absorption and dry fast. Suitable for daily wearing with all pants, and outdoor heavy duty work or sports.
- Non-Metal Holeless Belt: Well-designed men's nylon web belt with YKK plastic buckle. Travel-friendly Non-Metal construction, Nickel Free, Non-Allergic. ADVANTAGE - you can go through a metal detector or airport security without having to take this tactical belt off.
- Military Tactical Belt: Strong enough to withstand 500 kgs of weight without any deformation. Ideal for police, firefighters, CCW, security guards, electricians and utility workers in need of a great duty belt to carry tools or weapons. Also great for paintball and airsoft gear!
- Adjustable Webbing Belt: 100% Nylon web belt, 1.5 inch wide belt. Holeless belt and removable buckles that it's easy to trim it to size. Belts for men waistline girth below 45 inch.
- These high quality belts also come with a lifetime guaranteed refund policy.
Last update on 2019-12-24 at 07:27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
8. WOLF TACTICAL Heavy-duty Rigger's Belt
- The Wolf tactical belt is made from two layers of high quality 1.75 inch nylon webbing, reinforced for added rigidity. This robust construct enables this belt to withstand heavy use when working in any extreme or emergency situation.
- Designed with high quality materials and workmanship so that they last a lifetime.
- This belt is ideal for conceal carry and IDC. The Wolf tactical belt is stiffened to support any IWB or OWB holster without rolling over. A significant advantage of this belt is that there is no bending or sagging. They are designed to be ideal for everyday carry and survival tactical carry.
- It has been made from military grade materials and constructed with tough and rugged nylon webbing and an unbreakable metal buckle. The Wolf tactical belt is actually built to military specifications, however its advanced design and ergonomics mean that it is very comfortable for everyday use.
- Highly adjustable to any degree, the holeless construct means you can make the very finest adjustments. You can freely adjust this belt to your comfort according to the firearm, equipment, or gear you carry. To ensure that the belt is ultra secure it has a hook and loop velcro closure that keeps the buckle secure.
- The company that manufactures Wolf tactical belts is based in the USA. Wolf Tactical also supplies high quality, military grade, tactical gear and is committed to deliver excellent customer service.
- This belt comes with a 100% money back guarantee.
Last update on 2020-02-19 at 01:06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
9. KingMoore Men's Tactical Belt
- Thickened high-quality nylon belt and strength metal buckle.
- PERFECT DESIGN – Many special force soldiers were invited to perform wearing tests when the tactical waistband was developed. And the result of the feedback was favorable. We use soft tank grain braids, a kind of new braiding technology that makes nylon braids have desirable flexibility and gas permeability, dramatically enhancing the experience and comfort of wearers as well as providing the anti-tearing property of nylon braids.
- BUCKLE DESIGN– Aviation class 7075 aluminum alloy is used to make the buckle. In addition, advanced CNC is used for processing precision, and solid copper stainless steel material is used for processing its internal structure. It can endure an impact as high as 9,000N without deformation or damage, ensuring that it will not break off in case of external force. Its tightness and length can be adjusted freely to meet different wearing requirements.
- ROUTINE WEARING– The concise and elegant waistband is applicable to all kinds of overalls, casual pants, tactical trousers, and outdoor trousers as well as outdoor uses such as outward bound training like outdoor rock climbing, tactics and prompt drop. The waistband is firm. Any gun or survival equipment can be carried, and leather and small bags can be carried as well for outdoor exercises.
- This tactical belt offers a completely hassle free money back guarantee. it can be returned with a full refund or a free replacement.
Last update on 2019-12-20 at 05:15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Buy a tactical belt that has thousands of delighted verified buyers – tactical belt reviews from actual buyers
What makes a tactical belt great? Not one single thing, but several. And these factors also depend on what you want the belt for.
Different people want tactical belts for different reasons - concealed carrying, tools, heavy-duty flashlights, rappelling, survival and more. Regardless of what the final objective is, all tactical belts have some key features, which actually put them in the category of a tactical belt.
Tactical belts must be very durable, they need to be strong and have high tensile strength, they must be stiff, they must be able to take load without sagging, the buckle has to be of a high quality and they also need to be comfortable.
We, went and asked some heavy users and fans of tactical belts, what was most important for them, when they were choosing a tactical belt. They came out with four major factors that influence their decision – the width of the tactical belt, how rigid it is, the material it is made from and the buckle it has.
Most of them agreed that a good width of a tactical belt is between 1.25 inches to 2 inches in thickness. The reason was that at higher thickness the belt was able to handle a load better, as it got distributed more uniformly across the belt length. The rigidity of the belt was another very important factor as it would handle load better if it had more rigidity and stiffness. A less rigid belt can sag because of load, and also if you need to access what you are carrying fast, then you don’t want any bending or sagging, which could slow you down. Those in law enforcement talk about how a less rigid belt can slow down the drawing of their weapon.
When it comes to the material there are a couple of choices. Webbing with the right kind of weave that delivers higher tensile strength, high-quality leather, and paracord are some options that actual users seem to prefer. The buckle is also a vital consideration. It obviously has to be robust and hold the belt snugly in place. Also, the looks of the buckle matter, as some people prefer an unobtrusive buckle that will not draw attention, some want bigger more visible buckles and then there are high-grade plastic buckles that can pass through an airport security check without any problem. Some buckles are also designed to help in rappelling, so the options are quite diverse.
We found that a great way to bring you a few good tactical belts was by going through reviews and feedback from actual buyers and then putting it all together in a simplified format. That way you will get to know how the belt performed for actual people, who have bought it and used it. These aren’t opinions or marketing speak, these are real buyers either recommending the belt or complaining about its shortcomings. Usually it is a mix of both, and the overall review leans towards one side.
We bring you the low down on what real customers think about these tactical belts, after buying them.
Relentless Tactical Belt Review
This is the best reviewed tactical belt on Amazon, and if that wasn’t enough, there are over 3,500 reviews for this particular belt. That is a lot of people who have bought this belt. It is amazing to see over 92% 5-star reviews and almost negligible negative reviews. This belt comes with a lifetime guarantee of not sagging, splitting or rolling over.
Here is what buyers have to say about the Relentless Ultimate Tactical Belt.
One buyer feels that the belt is very nicely finished, has even coloring and good stitching. He goes on to say that he wears a full-sized firearm 10 hours a day, and this belt makes it very comfortable. He totally swears by the belt saying that he would trust it with his life hanging over a cliff. Another buyer says the belt is very nicely weighted and solid, and perfect for his gun. Another buyer was very pleased with the Relentless customer care. He talked to them about how his belt was not the right fit, and Relentless send them a smaller size 38, which he is extremely satisfied with. That goes to say a lot about their customer care.
Another buyer found the belt so good, that he feels that it will serve him well for at least 15 years, even though his use is very heavy and very rough. Another buyer realized precisely why the belt had a lifetime warranty, as soon as he touched the belt. It had a solid, thick and stiff feel that he felt would perfectly support IWB and OWB holsters and even a full-sized handgun. This buyer was also extremely pleased by the way the belt looks, and felt he could wear it every day, and would only get compliments for the way the belt looked. Another thrilled buyer stated that he found the Relentless belt better than the Bianchi belt. He also talked about how due to some shooting classes coming up he realized only after the 30 day Amazon window had closed, that his belt was too big for him. However, when he called Relentless, they sent him a smaller sized belt immediately. He was absolutely floored by the Relentless customer service. Another customer was pleased with the quality of the belt, and was also happy to note that it was an ‘American’ made belt using authentic 1 1/2" wide USA leather.
Another customer was very specific in his assessment, and stated that the Relentless belt he purchased was of a very high quality, and the buckle, which was made from stainless steel was attached with very good quality hardware. He also wrote that the thickness and the leather quality was excellent. He then went on to state that the belt was good for using as an everyday work belt or gun belt. He found the leather to be pliable and comfortable, yet stiff and sturdy, which is why it did not roll over, sag or twist when carrying his tools, radio, heavy-duty flashlight or firearm. Another buyer noted that nothing can fit and become ‘individually comfortable’ like a high-quality leather belt. He had used belts back in the time when they were all made from leather and hand tooled, and he found the Relentless leather belt to be of that same quality.
With so few negative reviews it was hard to find one, but we did come across one buyer who was not happy with the belt quality. He felt that the Aker belt that was also available on Amazon was the minimum level of stiffness that he was willing to accept. He went on to say that he carries full size steel frames to compact polymers, and only the Aker doesn’t sag with them. He also talked about going in for a Magpul belt. Clearly, he had no real complaints, and was just trying to get other brand names into the reviews. However, you can check out the two belts he mentioned if you wish to. Another buyer gave a low rating because after just two months of using his Relentless, the stitching on the belt came loose, and the loop that the extra portion of the belt goes through, fell off. With over 3,400 5-star reviews, these negative reviews must be from those extremely rare defective products that may have gone through.
Fairwin Tactical Belt Review
Fairwin has been into the tactical products market since 2016, and has a wide range of products including their tactical belts. The Fairwin tactical belt is made from nylon webbing and is at a pretty low price point. The specific material used is 1000 Denier environment friendly nylon. Though you can say that Fairwin is a relative newcomer, their products are high quality. The Fairwin tactical belt features a military belt buckle that has been made from heavy-duty metal. You should be able to see from the image above that the buckle has quick release functionality by pushing down the two golden tabs. This quick release mechanism is very smooth and intuitive, and requires both tabs to be pushed down simultaneously. If only one tab gets pushed, the belt does not release, and in fact comes back to full re-lock position with both tabs pushed back out. Enough about the belt, let us get into what actual buyers have to say about this tactical belt. Currently it has almost 500 reviews on Amazon with an average rating of 4 stars.
One buyer was happy with the belt and found it to be a good and comfortable ever day carry belt. He felt that the belt was great and it worked very well with all of his holsters. He however was not happy with the fact that sometimes when he sat down his pants would press into the bottom release tab of the belt and it would unbuckle. He found the belt great for every day wear and highly recommends it. He, however, wished that this was thicker than a single ply belt as it would have been stiffer and able to support more load. Another verified buyer was very clear in his assessment of the belt. His primary use for the belt was to hold up his hiking pants, for which he felt the belt was perfect. He however went on to write that if this was for a tactical firearm, then the belt may not be stiff enough. He also wrote that if someone wanted a rigger’s belt for heavy loads, then they should opt for a proper rigger’s belt that would be in the range of 50 to 90 dollars.
A verified buyer uses it for every day wear and felt that it was thin and comfortable, yet strong. He would not recommend it for carrying guns, though he does not carry one himself, and also felt that it may not be strong enough for supporting heavy carrying. Another buyer who is a safety manager for a marine construction firm found the belt very suitable for his needs.
Yet another buyer put together a clear set of pros and cons. He found the Fairwin belt had a solid buckle which was easy to use. The belt was easy to get on and off and had a light weight webbing comfortable for daily wear. He found the price to be extremely reasonable. When it came to the cons, he pointed out that since the belt was made from light weight webbing, it may not be able to handle some tough field situations. It was not very effective with a holster, as the webbing bows out with a single loop hip holster. A buyer compared the belt with the more premium and better known 5.11 brand belts. He felt that the 5.11 was thicker, stiffer and much more solid in construct, but he found more value in the Fairwin belt as it was priced only $16.99 while the 5.11 was priced at $90. He was very happy with the Fairwin belt and gave it a 10 on 10 for light everyday tactical use.
A buyer who is a hunter found the belt to be excellent for his intended use, which was to hold hid tactical pants snugly in place. He has been using the belt regularly, but does not load it with anything, instead using a separate pack hip belt. He says that there was absolutely no slipping when used the belt, and he felt that for its price it was great value for money.
Once common negative feedback on this belt is about its buckle coming open under pressure. One buyer even posted a video of the buckle opening on being pulled apart. Yet there were other buyers who were satisfied and use it to carry lightweight guns, and found it buckle to be good quality. In fact they were quite happy that the buckle does not open on pressing one tab, and only opens when both the tabs are pushed down. Overall this seems to be a reasonably good tactical belt for the price, but should not be used for heavy duty or mission critical purposes.