Buying a canoe is not easy. It is expensive and if you get it wrong, you will hit yourself with the paddle.
Buying a canoe requires some initial research. You need to know about the different types of canoes and what will be a good choice for you. You also need to know a little bit about the best canoes and the popular brands.
When you have done some research, then what you need is a starting point to look at some canoes. The list of canoes we have in this article is just that. It is a list of popular canoes, that people have bought. Each has its own qualities, features and specifications.
We have out them here because they are popular, and will not recommend any specific canoe to you. with a canoe, you will know what is best for you, and by taking a look at the ones listed here, you will be able to eliminate the ones that are not quite suitable.
I mean there is the Wooden Boat USA canoe that is over $3000. That might be way beyond your budget, and also it is an authentic original design canoe. You may not need one at all as your plans with a canoe are totally different.
Go through the options, check their features and descriptors, and if you like one, read up the reviews on Amazon.
It is best that you have some experience already with a canoe before you decide to buy online. It is a completely different experience to have a close look at a canoe, check its size yourself physically, learn about its features from a salesperson, and then buy it.
Online you will only see pictures and read about it. So, unless you know what you are doing, its better to buy one at a physical store.
For those of you canoe-heads who want to order one online, this is a good list to start your search with. If you really like something, go for it.
Generally if you see that a canoe has enough reviews (above 20) and the overall star rating is 4 or more, the canoe should be a good choice.
- PORTABLE & MULTI USE CANOES: Take your MYCANOE anywhere, use as a fishing canoe, lake kayak, river kayak, ocean kayak, and many other adventurous water recreations or activities that require access by boat
- QUICK AND EASY SETUP: Simply unfold and get on the water in less than 10 minutes; no tools required and everything you need conveniently fits your collapsed compact foldable canoe box so you won't miss a minute of fun
- SAFE, STRONG & DURABLE: Your collapsable canoe will easily fit in your car with all your gear when folded; the unfolded MYCANOE has a solid hard shell that won't puncture, rip or tear even after long term use
- SPECIFICATIONS DUO: Folded: 36 in x 27 in x 10; Canoe Assembled: 14.5 ft x 35 in; Canoe Weight: 43 lbs; Weight Capacity: 2 people (and a pup!), up to 480 lbs
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: We get it that you may not be able to try out your MYCANOE right away, so we offer a full 30 day Satisfaction Guarantee! If for any reason you are not happy with our product, we will gladly offer a full refund of your portable canoe
- Old Town's three-layer molded polyethylene hull and keeled design provide years of worry-free paddling.
- Paddle the Discovery 133 tandem from the bow and stern seats, pole it solo, or row it effortlessly from the center and forward oar sockets.
- Sit comfortably on the trio of durable, breathable, UV-resistant, nylon-webbed seats, which allow air to flow freely for all-day ease.
- The Discovery 133 is compatible with Old Town's motor mount and a small outboard, so you can reach remote fishing spots in mere minutes.
- Includes comfortable carrying handles; 800-pound capacity; measures 13 feet 3 inches and weighs 78 pounds. Lifetime hull warranty.
- 17' Length â€“ 36 1/8â€ Beam
- 13 1/8â€ Center Depth
- Standard Keel
- Maximum Weight Capacity â€“ 755 lbs.
- Maximum H.P. 5
- Hybrid, square-backed canoe for paddling as well as using electric trolling motor (motor not included)
- Three-seater with built-in cooler and storage built into center seat
- Rugged UV-stabilized Fortiflex polyethylene hull
- Fishing rod holders included
- Backed by 2-year warranty on hull and parts
- Old Town's tough, three-layer molded polyethylene hull is designed to take a beating.
- Agile, stable, and easy-to-handle, the Discovery 119's sleek build is ideal for exploring.
- Sit comfortably on a durable, breathable, UV-resistant, nylon-webbed seats, which allows air to flow freely for all-day ease.
- Designed to be paddled with a traditional canoe paddle, but well suited for a double-bladed kayak paddle.
- Includes comfortable carrying handles; 500-pound capacity; measures 11 feet 9 inches and weighs 49 pounds. Lifetime hull warranty.
- Ideal family recreational canoe with comfortable seating for three
- Storage compartment and cooler under center seat
- Bow and stern tie-down eyelets and built-in transport handles
- Drink holders molded into every seat
- Includes limited two-year manufacturer's warranty
- Each of them has its own merit
- One is inexpensive, the other light
- But none of them has the beautiful look
- At Wooden boat USA, we are determined to make something stunning beautiful and at the same time strong, durable and light weight
- Old Town's thermoformed polyethylene hull is abrasion- and impact-resistant, ensuring years of worry-free paddling.
- Sit comfortably on the contoured bow and stern seats, which include molded-in storage trays and adjustable backrests for added support.
- Perfect for smaller passengers, the center bench seat doubles as a storage compartments for food, gear, and valuables.
- Use the molded handles on the deck plates to tote the canoe from truck to water and back again.
- Includes molded-in rod and cupholders; 750-pound capacity; measures 14 feet 6 inches and weighs 79 pounds. Lifetime hull warranty.
Last update on 2023-03-15 at 12:29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API