Electric dirt bikes are great fun, real dirt bikes are for the dirt biking pros
Dirt bikes are quite amazing, and there is a wide variety of them designed for motocross, supercross, trail riding or enduro. These bikes are anywhere between 250 CC and 450 CC and are powerful gas bikes designed for off-road tracks.
The electric dirt bikes are scaled down versions of the original full powered dirt bikes and are meant to give kids a feel of what riding a bike off road is like.
If you are thinking of giving your kid an electric dirt bike, you will be giving them much more than a gift, but a way to learn, enjoy and test out their skills.
Safety is the main concern
Much before getting into the benefits of letting your kid try out an electric dirt bike, we need to emphasize that their safety is paramount, and you should make them wear all required safety gear, from helmets to knee and elbow guards, when they ride an electric dirt bike.
Continuing on the safety aspect, electric dirt bikes are an excellent way to let your kids experience riding on a dirt track without needing to worry about high speeds, as their maximum speed is around 18 miles per hour.
Electric dirt bikes are designed to look like the bikes that are ridden by the superstars of dirt biking, but are actually scaled down and kid’s version in terms of power, speed and capability.
Electric dirt bikes are ideal
If your kid wants to feel like his or her idols in dirt biking there is no better way to let them experience the dirt track than with a kid’s electric dirt bike. Since they are electric, there is no fuel cost. These bikes need to be charged through a regular home power socket, and usually have a riding time of around 30 to 40 minutes, which is enough for your kid’s full entertainment and thrilling experience.
Razor is one of the biggest names in electric dirt bikes, and you will see a lot of their electric dirt bike models featured in the top 10 best bikes list below.
There are essentially two major kinds of electric dirt bikes, the ones meant for smaller kids and those meant for slightly bigger kids. The ones meant for smaller kids are made of plastic, have a maximum speed of 2 to 3 miles per hour and may also feature support wheels for added stability. The ones meant for bigger kids in the range of 10 to 15 years, are able to take more weight and have speeds going up to 18 miles per hour.
This list of kids electric dirt bikes features bikes meant for bigger kids. Though the load capacity of the bikes and the recommended age is around 14 years or so, but many younger kids will also be able to have a very good time with these bikes. Slightly bigger built kids aged 8 or 9 will also find these bikes easy to ride and incredibly fun.
Benefits of your kids riding an electric dirt bike
When a kid rides an electric dirt bike, they improve their motor skills and hand-eye co-ordination, and it also encourages cognitive abilities.
A kid taking a dirt bike on a dirt track is faced with challenges and has to react to changing situations quickly and effectively. This not only boosts their confidence but also helps them shape their character.
Riding an electric bike in a challenging track really improves the skill and overall body balance of kids and also gives them a huge thrill.
Of course becoming the center of attraction and being one of the few kids in the neighborhood to have such a cool bike will be a fantastic feeling for your kid too.
Considering all of this, it is not a bad idea to choose a good electric dirt bike for your kid from the list of the Top 10 below.
Top 10 Best Electric Dirt Bikes
These top 10 best selling electric dirt bikes are the very latest and are current top sellers. The list gets frequently updated with the electric dirt bikes that are in demand. Pick the one that looks good, and check out their reviews, before buying.
You won’t find any bike that is perfect in every way. After all they are not full fledged dirt bikes, but scaled down electric versions, so don’t expect the world from them.
- Authentic motocross frame geometry, the MX350 scales down the dirt bike to size for riders ages 13+ and up to 140 lb (64 kg)
- High-torque, rear-wheel chain-drive delivers increased power and traction
- Powers riders at speeds of up to 14 mph (22 km/h) with up to 30 minutes of continuous use
- Features adjustable-angle, riser-style handlebars, spoked wheels with 12” pneumatic, knobby tires, retractable kickstand, and hand-operated rear brake
- 24V (two 12V) sealed lead-acid rechargeable battery system
- Compact electric motocross bike with powerful 650-watt electric motor
- Carries riders at speeds of up to 17 mph; authentic dirt bike frame geometry
- Dual suspension and riser handlebars deliver smooth, comfortable ride. Battery life Up to 40 mins
- Pneumatic knobby tires for maximum power transfer; quiet variable-speed, chain-driven motor and Wheels- 16 inches front and 14 inches rear tires
- Recommended for ages 16 and older (220-pound weight limit); 90-day warranty . Initial charge time: 12 hours.Failure to recharge the battery at least once a month may result in a battery that will no longer accept a charge.
- Supercross-inspired design means more power up hill and off-road conditions
- Inspired by the winningest motocross rider in history, Jeremy McGrath
- Complete with authentic McGrath graphics and fairing design, genuine dirt bike frame geometry and a high-torque, Variable speed motor for a super-charged experience
- Carries riders at speeds of up to 15 mph with 40 minutes of continuous use
- Features dual suspension and riser handlebars, large pneumatic knobby tires, retractable kickstand, and hand operated dual disc brakes. Recommended for ages 14 and up; supports riders up to 175 pounds
- 36V (three 12V) sealed lead acid rechargeable battery system
- SUPER SHOCKPROOF PERFORMANCE: Equipped with a high-strength shock-absorbing spring and hydraulic shock fork, which has super shock-absorbing capacity and no noise while driving. More quieter than traditional electric motocross bikes.
- LONG-RANGE BATTERY: Provides you great performance and up to 90 minutes (Tested on 88.2 lbs weight/9.3 mph) long-range with rechargeable 36V sealed lithium battery system in all scenarios. Takes only 4-5 hours to fully charge.
- SAFE SPEED MODES: The dirt bike has 3 safe speed modes - Low: 5.0 mph (8 km/h), Medium: 7.5 mph (12 km/h), High: 15.5 mph (25 km/h). you can choose to use any speed to give you the best riding experience and keep your child safe.
- DURABLE & STRONG: Electric motorcycle designed for kids aged 3-10 with authentic dirt bike geometry provides for a solid ride off-road with a max rider weight of 140 lbs (64 kg). Larger suspension makes rider more comfortable
- EFFICIENT SUPPORT TEAM: Come with detailed instructions for use and efficient after-sales service. You can contact us if you still need help. we will serve you online 24 hours a day.
- POWERFUL MOTOR - Equipped with a 250-watt motor with high-torque. Throttle allows for variable-speed, chainless driven motor that delivers electrifying fun at speeds up to 9 mph (safe speed for kids) ages 12 and up
- LONG-RANGE BATTERY - Rechargeable 24V lithium-ion battery is more reliable and longer lasting than other battery types and quickly recharges. TRAK electric dirt bike fully charges in 7 hours and provides 9 miles of range. Quick charge 3.5 hours to get 4.5 miles of range
- SAFETY & COMFORT - The Hover-1 TRAK electric dirt bike has durable 12-inch air-filled tires that help soften the ride of rough surfaces for a smooth experience and folding metal foot pegs. Chainless drive-train to prevent fabric from getting caught, providing a safe and effective way to introduce kids to dirt bikes!
- DURABLE & LONG-LASTING - Built to last, the TRAK electric dirt bike was designed with an all-steel frame with authentic dirt bike geometry. Pneumatic tires provides a comfortable ride off-road with a max rider weight of 120 lbs
- EASY FOR BEGINNERS - The TRAK electric dirt bike is 2.25 feet tall and weights just 34 lbs, perfect for beginners to learn at a comfortable and safe pace! An incredibly fun way to introduce kids to their first dirt bike
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES - Included with the TRAK dirt bike: Disk brakes for quick controlled breaking, soft rubber grips with twist throttle control for easy acceleration, hand-operated rear disk brake, comfortable seat cushion, front mud-guard, and retractable kickstand, tail lights, air pump and assembly tools included
- Motor: 48 Volt 1500 Watt
- 🚜Safety & Protection--The kids ride on motorbike certified by ASTM F963 CPSIA CPC, with slow start & slow park function, high&low 2 speeds choice, 2 training wheels , all these can make sure to prevent your child from all harm or danger.
- 🚜Easy to Operate--This motorcycle is easy to operate and control for your children 3+ years old. The speed is from 1.5-4.9 mph (2.5-8 km/h). Your kid just needs to choose the forward & speed button, then press the foot pedal to go or brake to stop.
- 🚜Good for Kids Growth--The electric dirt bike is designed to adult motorbike in look, The kids can experience the operation of the motorcycle and exercise hands and eye coordination ability, balance and confidence from an early age.
- 🚜 Rechargable Battery- 12V 7AH large capacity battery can provide 1-2 hours for fun riding time. 2*35W motors make the ride-on electric bike powerful to drive against outside surfaces such as asphalt, brick, and cement.
- 🚜Perfect Gifts for All Year-- Overall dimensions: 41.9" L x 20.3" W x 26.8" H. Maximum weight capacity: 66 lbs. suitable age: 3-5 Years. It’s a wonderful present for your children's birthday or Christmas and accompany your kids.
- POWERFUL MOTOR: Powered by a 250-watt, high-torque, variable-speed, chain-driven motor that delivers electrifying fun at speeds up to 14 mph (22 km/h) ages 13 and up
- LONG RANGE BATTERY: Rechargeable 24V (two 12V) sealed lead-acid battery system provides up to 30 minutes of continuous use while also building comfort, confidence, and control. Takes 12 hours to fully charge
- SAFETY & COMFORT: The Razor Dirt Rocket MX400 electric dirt bike has spoked 12-inch pneumatic knobby tires that help soften out rough surfaces for a smooth ride and folding metal foot pegs
- DURABLE & LONG-LASTING: An all-steel frame with authentic dirt bike geometry provides for a solid ride off-road with a max rider weight of 140 lbs. (64 kg)
- EXTRA FEATURES: Additional features include soft rubber grips with twist acceleration control for easy acceleration, hand-operated rear brake, shatter-resistant plastic fairings, double crown fork, and retractable kickstand
- Big enough to tackle rugged off-road terrain, this pumped-up dirt quad is the perfect step up in size and adventure for older riders
- Quad dimensions – 50.4" L x 28.7" W x 31.9" H | Weight – 113 lbs. | Max speed – Up to 9 mph | Riders – 14 years old and up | Battery – Lead Acid, Up to 68 minutes | Weight limit – 220 lbs.
- Powered by a 500 watt motor with high-torque internal/Integral gear set and self-adjusting chain-driven
- 36V (three 12V) sealed lead acid Rechargeable battery with quick-change compartment and up to 68 minutes of continuous use
- Features twist-grip throttle control, rear disc brake, front brush bar, adjustable riser handlebars, rear suspension, and soft rubber grips
- Authentic moto-styling, larger frame and high-torque motor make this the perfect step up in size and adventure for older riders
- 【18 MONTHS WARRANTY】We offer a 30-day free return with prepaid label for any reason and 18 months warranty policy. This e-bike comes 90% pre-assembled. US warehouse, fast shipping (delivery in 3-5 bussiness days). Please feel free to contact us for any questions, we will reply you within 24 hours. [TIPS]— Please reserve the original package for some time in case for any issues of bike return.
- 【1200W Powerful E-Bike for Adults】Equipped with a brushless 48V 1200watt high speed motor, providing electric bikes strong power and climbing capabilities. Even on off-road, steep stone paths, the mountain electric bike can easily go uphill. Max Speed: 28-30 MPH (by throttle)；30-32MPH (by pedal).
- 【High-capacity Removable Battery】48V 20AH Large capacity Removable Lithium-ion Battery, full charge in 5-6 hours, covering a range of 35-50 miles (throttle mode) to 50-80 miles (pedal assist ) per full charge (the riding range depends on rider weight, road condition, weather temperature), which is enough for you to commute or play for a day. Battery IPX5 ,UL Certificated.
- 【3 Mode Fat Tire Electric Bike】Pure electric mode, pedal-assist mode (5 levels of pedal assist), classic bike mode. Whether it’s shortening your commuting time for working, or exploring new trails outdoors for playing, this electric bicycle is a great choice. Turn the bright LED headlight on when the sun goes down.
- 【E-Bike For Comfort & Safety】4 inch Anti-skidding fat tire And High-strength large dual front & rear hydraulic suspension fork makes it easy to control even on off-road or terrain with huge drop. Dual hydraulic disc brakes system enable the ebike to stop quickly and smoothly even when riding at high speed or on wet road. meanwhile, multi-functional LCD display, high brightness front gear light, providing YYG BR100 with strong performance and safety.
Last update on 2022-12-06 at 06:52 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Your thirst for everything outdoors not yet quenched? Explore the planet’s biggest store –