If you are going camping overnight, you need a flashlight. Period.We cannot even think of…
2019 Top 10 Best Tactical Tomahawks
A tactical axe is not as popular as a tactical knife, but it has some great benefits like extra reach, breaking and penetrating power, wielding and throwing, emergency use, prey processing, freeing trapped people and much more.
The tactical tomahawk is a specialized weapon, and also a multi-use survival tool. The tactical axe is lightweight and has a light handle making it better for use as a weapon and to throw. Tactical axes also have a spike that is used a as a tool. It can be used for penetrating capability and as a tool in many situations.
The tomahawk is a hybrid between a battle axe and a hatchet that was created for the American frontiersmen who had to face survival and enemies at the same time. The axe had to be able to cut wood and also be used in self defence.
The tactical tomahawk axe has a smaller head and a spike on the other end, and is lighter and more versatile than either the battle axe or the hatchet.
The important aspects of a tactical axe to consider are the head steel, the handle length, the handle material and the head weight.
Tactical Tomahawk Axe Head Steel
The head steel needs to be strong and durable. The more carbon there is in the head steel the harder it becomes, but its durability decreases as it becomes to susceptible to corrosion. The right balance between hardness and durability should be achieved for your specific needs. Taking into consideration the Rockwell Hardness Scale a hardness rating of 52 to 56 is a good balance.
Tactical Axe Handle Length
The handle length is important as it decides the overall use of the tactical tomahawk. A shorter handle gives you more control in self defence and combat situations, a longer handle gives the axe more leverage and power to penetrate or break.
The handle material is important as it needs to be as strong as the head to be able to withstand the impact of striking the axe. Handles are usually made of modern materials now like fiberglass and reinforced nylon. Traditionally a specific kind of wood was used, but now even steel is being used for the handle. According to the material of the handle the axe has to be cared for differently. If the handle has plastic in it then it should be protected from sunlight.
Axe Head Weight
The weight of the head is an important consideration as it also affects how the axe will be used. A heavier head will make the axe better for penetration or breaking or chopping, while a lighter head will make it more maneuverable.
Best 10 Tactical AxesWith all these factors in mind, you can go ahead and choose one of the best selling and most popular tactical tomahawk axes from the list below. These Top 10 Best tactical Tomahawk Axes are updated every day to bring you only the newest and most sought after axes.
1. SOG Tomahawk Pack of 3
- 3 STAINLESS STEEL THROWING TOMAHAWKS: Each hardcased black throwing hatchet features a sharp tomahawk knife edge
- 10.75” FULL-TANG CONSTRUCTION: Don’t buy flimsy axes and hatchets – they’re dangerous! This SOG tomahawk outdoor set is built to last and comes as sharp as any other SOG tactical tomahawk
- THROW AND STICK EASY: 18.6 oz. survival axe weight is perfectly balanced for beginners or pros; start your throwing tomahawk practice with superior grip and full-on fun right out of the box
- ALL-IN-ONE BALLISTIC NYLON HATCHET SHEATH: Carry your throwing hatchet set in one convenient 3-pocket throwing hatchet sheath
- SOG FOR LIFE: Take care of your axes and hatchets and we’ll take care of you; we gladly consider repairs and replacements for your properly maintained SOG tomahawk throwing hatchets
SOG Tomahawk Throwing Axe
- SOG THROWING TOMAHAWKS WITH BITE: At 12.5 inches, these throwing hatchets and tomahawks are built to swing fast and true
- 19 OUNCE TACTICAL TOMAHAWK: Lightweight yet heavy-duty, FastHawk throwing hatchets are superb backpacking, hiking and survival axes to add to your throwing axes set
- TOMAHAWK THROWING HATCHET WITH SHEATH: Light, fast, and agile tactical tomahawk snaps securely in its ballistic nylon sheath
- HAMMER AXE EDGE AND PIERCING SPIKE: FastHawk tactical survival axe features a flat edge for hammering and a spike for piercing; a throwing axe first, but versatile to handle small wood chopping tasks
- SOG FOR LIFE: Take care of your SOG tomahawk throwing axe and we’ll take care of you; we gladly consider repairs and replacements
3. Yes4All Camping Axe with Saw
- ALL – IN – ONE COMBO AXE FOR CAMPSITE: Combines a stainless steel head axe with a 12-inch saw knife inside the handle for handy camping, hunting, sawing or whatever comes your way.
- RAZOR-SHARP 420 STAINLESS STEEL BLADE: Offers higher blade durability and more striking force (chopping, kindling, wood splitting).
- MOLDED PLASTIC CASE + FIRE STARTER COMBO: Comes with black molded plastic case for greater protection and more comfortable carry during the travel.
- NON-SLIP, DURABLE, LONGER PLASTIC WRAPPING HANDLE: Great for maximized grip and preventing slipping in wet condition, ideally for scouts, sportsmen and foresters to use in emergency situations
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY – 60 DAY RETURN – PLACE YOUR ORDER NOW: Make Yes4All Multifunctional Camping Axe H307 with Saw + Fire Starter as your secret weapon.
4. Cold Steel (CS90WVBA-BRK) Viking Hand Axe 90WVBA
- The historically-inspired Viking Hand Axe is a design collaboration between Lynn C. Thompson, and custom blade smiths Dave Baker and Rich McDonald.
- Steel: 1055 Carbon - The carbon content and lean alloy of this shallow hardening steel make this a very sturdy material that avoids a lot of the brittleness commonly associated with higher carbon materials.
5. Estwing Special Edition Sportsman's Axe
- FORGED IN ONE PIECE – The most durable, longest lasting striking tools available
- OUTDOOR VERSITILITY - Perfect for chopping logs, small trees & branches or splitting firewood & kindling
- HEAVY DUTY SHEATH - Includes ballistic nylon sheath to protect hand sharpened cutting edge
- GENUINE LEATHER GRIP – Hand sanded and lacquered for a durable yet comfortable finish
- MADE IN THE USA – Our tools are proudly crafted in Rockford, IL using the finest American steel
6. Oak Curve Outfitters Camp Axe with Sheath
- PACK LIGHT GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT The hammer and splitting dual function axe head comes sharp and ready to work right to your door; Chop, split and build utilizing the 3 inch forged carbon steel blade
- BE PREPARED FOR THE ELEMENTS Our all weather shock resistance handle allows for hours of use in any environment; There is no need to prep the handle in anyway, just take it from the box and get to work
- ALL AROUND OUTDOOR MAN AND WOMAN Serious tool for any adventure enthusiast or backyard warrior; Take it on the road, stores in your RV, truck or Jeep; Pack it to the backcountry, blaze and build trails, ideal for campsites to prep wood, kindling, tinder, and stake the tent.
- SAVE TIME AND MONEY Our whole 1 piece handle to head is all carbon steel to ensure no separation when you need it most; Never be left in the backcountry again with a busted hatchet.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE Only sold by Oak Curve Outfitters, Fulfilled by Amazon, and is Guaranteed to be Top Quality with Excellent Customer Service; Every Camp Axe purchase comes with our Manufacturer 30 DAY MONEY BACK Guarantee, 1 YEAR HASSLE FREE REPLACEMENT WARRANTY
7. Schrade SCAXE2 11.8in Stainless Steel Small Axe
- DIMENSIONS: 11.8 inch (30 cm) overall length with a blade length of 3.8 inches (9.6 cm) and a weight of 1 lb 6.4 ounces
- DURABLE: Blade is made of reliable 3Cr13 Titanium Coated S.S. with a black, glass fiber filled PA & TPR material and cold resistance flexibilizer handle
- DEPENDABLE: Quick and easy access with the convenient black thermoplastic belt sheath
- SECURE: Have confidence that the blade will not slip with the security of the ergonomic black rubber grip
- BE PREPARED: Axe features a hammer pommel as well as an extra-large ferro rod that is stored inside the shaft
8. SOG Outdoor Survival Hatchet and Tactical Tomahawk
- 12.1 INCH STAINLESS STEEL TACTICAL AXE: The Survival Hawk tomahawk axe is a wood chopping axe, camp axe, hiking hatchet and survival tool with a 3 inch hardcased black stainless steel blade
- 19.5 OUNCE PORTABLE MULTITOOL AXE: Light yet tough, this small backpacking hatchet and survival axe with firestarter is a superb outdoor tool with a glass-reinforced nylon and paracord grip
- HUNTING AXE WITH SHEATH: The Survival Hawk stainless steel metal hatchet and multi functional camping axe includes a ballistic nylon sheath that can be slung from your belt or gear for easy access
- FIRE STARTER AND CLAW SPIKE: Tactical axe tool features a checkered hammer edge, claw for prying and wire cutting
- SOG FOR LIFE: Take care of your camp axe and we’ll take care of you; we gladly consider repairs and replacements for your properly maintained SOG FastHawk survival axe
9. Smith & Wesson Extraction and Evasion SW671
- DIMENSIONS: 15.9 inch (40.4 cm) overall length with a blade length of 3.9 inches (9.9 cm) and a weight of 2 pounds 11 ounces
- DURABLE: Blade is made of reliable 1070 Carbon Steel and a black, TPE and steel handle
- DEPENDABLE: Quick and easy access with the convenient polyester sheath
- SECURE: Have confidence that the blade will not slip with the security of the finger grooved handle slabs
- BE PREPARED: Knife features a blade side and a pick side for maximum preparedness
10. M48 Tactical Tomahawk Axe
- Safety and durability tested for the toughest conditions
- Quality materials used to make all United products
- For enthusiasts, collectors and tough users all over the world
- 15-Inch overall length
- 8-Inch axe blade
- Anodized AUS-6 stainless steel blade
- 30-percent fiberglass reinforced nylon handle
- Snap-button closure nylon belt sheath